ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Re medway mail centre kent

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Medwaycasual

Post by Medwaycasual »

Been working there since feb 2020, now averaging 2 shifts per week, now on higher rate, busier than xmas,
Shifts not guaranteed, but very busy there, they probably have a pool of at least 100 casuals,
now joined.com being used , they are trying to give every casual at least 1 shift a week,
The managers do have favourites and family members there, but that happens everywhere,
Don't expect a months salary working as a casual, just a handy second job income
A positive experience there so far
Holly watson at angard is very good

Warbo

Post by Warbo »

A good positive outlook from the first post.
The type of contract will never be one to rely on to pay the everyday bills. But should be looked upon as a decent extra wedge.
The bonus I see is not being tied to having to turn in.
Casual contract casual commitment wins for me. :nana
Medwaycasual

Re medway mail centre kent update

Post by Medwaycasual »

Busy this week and next week, seems to be lots of shifts available
Was lucky to be allocated a sunday shift last month!
I am still averaging 1 to 2 shifts a week, i am happy with that
Angard / joined up texting, messaging, email system seems a bit chaotic at the moment?
Medwaycasual

Post by Medwaycasual »

Went a bit quiet during september at medway mail centre for me, on average only had one 4 hour shift per week, this week gone busy, thad two 6 hour shifts so far, and booked in for another. Being encouraged to wear mask in warehouse and canteen..
Medwaycasual

Post by Medwaycasual »

Forgot to mention, approx 6 angard casuals have been taken on by royalmail medway mail centre recently, apparently they have all been working there for at least 3 years, so they earned it and deserve it, good luck to them
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

My MC has Angard staff working there for MUCH longer than 3 years. One, at least had been there 13+ years.

Morally indefensible, but legal.
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by paulus103 »

Medwaycasual wrote:Forgot to mention, approx 6 angard casuals have been taken on by royalmail medway mail centre recently, apparently they have all been working there for at least 3 years, so they earned it and deserve it, good luck to them
Unless RM changed their policy any Angard staff should have been able to apply for these posts - how long they worked there should be irrelevant.