ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Not Getting Shifts

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
sameer1haq

Not Getting Shifts

Post by sameer1haq »

So past 2/3 days, I’ve applied for shifts and just not getting them. Had a few shifts which I applied immediately for and never even received them, literally when the text comes applied then but still not even getting them. Been really irritating now cause it’s like I’m being treated unfairly and I have no reason why they aren’t giving me them, no issues with them everything is fine. Feels like I’m being treated unfairly and I do not like it.

Failureisnotanoption

Not Getting Shifts

Post by Failureisnotanoption »

Give over stop playing the victim and throwing your toys out of the pram. There are worse things going on in the world than you not getting a shift on a zero hours contract. We all have bills and families too feed I worked for Angard for a number of years I new the game it’s s**t it will always be s**t. your not special You're just a number to them .
sameer1haq

Not Getting Shifts

Post by sameer1haq »

Hi

Currently work at Leeds MC and for some reason have received no shifts or anything for the past week. Haven’t heard or got a text message from anyone, is there any reason behind it or is it just not too busy anymore. Unless people have been assigned shifts last week but they always need couple of staff everyday. Is this happening any other MC? Thanks
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL

Not Getting Shifts

Post by Navalron »

sameer1haq wrote:So past 2/3 days, I’ve applied for shifts and just not getting them. Had a few shifts which I applied immediately for and never even received them, literally when the text comes applied then but still not even getting them. Been really irritating now cause it’s like I’m being treated unfairly and I have no reason why they aren’t giving me them, no issues with them everything is fine. Feels like I’m being treated unfairly and I do not like it.

You are a flexible zero hours casual worker. That's the way it is. I don't agree with it but it's not a conspiracy against you as you seem to think. YAWN.
dancingqueen

Not Getting Shifts

Post by dancingqueen »

Mr Sameer

Clearly you have no idea how Angard operate.

if you think you will get daily shifts from this outfit you are mistaken.

I have been with Angard for 4 years and I am lucky to be offered one shift a bloody fortnight.
sameer1haq

Not Getting Shifts

Post by sameer1haq »

dancingqueen wrote:Mr Sameer

Clearly you have no idea how Angard operate.

if you think you will get daily shifts from this outfit you are mistaken.

I have been with Angard for 4 years and I am lucky to be offered one shift a bloody fortnight.
I do know how it works. Since Lockdown in March, till about 2 weeks ago before, I have received shifts daily around 4/5 times a week since March when the lockdown started. I am just wondering with other people if they have received shifts similar to that. Since lockdown I’ve received texts 2/3 times a day for shifts so I don’t know what your talking about.
dancingqueen

Not Getting Shifts

Post by dancingqueen »

Sameer

You are a moaner.

All you do is whinge about not getting shifts ever day.

You are on a zero hours contract and will only get shifts when you are needed.

if you want regular work then go get a proper 9-5 job if you can find one.

Stop playing the victim.
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Not Getting Shifts

Post by paulus103 »

Angard - if you talk to a Production Supply Manager (the role that oversees staffing in a mail centre) they will say that Angard is supposed to flex
e.g. when it is busy or there are absences Agency staff are brought in and when a site isn't busy Agency staff are not used.

Regular use of Angard staff on a regular basis isn't really supposed to happen e.g. if there is a regular shortfall then permanent posts should be created
This is normally where the union puts pressure on RM to recruit permanently.
The Four Pillar agreement between the Union and RM does seek to reduce the use of agency staffing and recruit RM staff.

At the moment there is a demand at my mail centre for Angard staff across different shifts but there are plans to reduce this

1. By realigning current staff within shifts to better fill gaps e.g. taking staff from machines/removing machines and moving to different areas
2. Transferring staff from quiet shift patterns to busy e.g. taking staff from a Monday and moving to a Sat
3. Increasing RM part-timer hours to fill agency hours

As dancing queen said, "You are on a zero-hours contract and will only get shifts when you are needed."
Don't rely on shifts to continue as suddenly everything might change - as said below "You are a flexible zero-hours casual worker."

In my experience, I'd rack up as many working hours working for Angard while you can - I turned down nothing.
I worked my way through the mail centre covering any new role I could - I was one of those who got shifts directly from managers as they knew I could work at speed anywhere without training - joinedup has changed this but there is wiggle room

I now work for Royal Mail part-time
sameer1haq

Not Getting Shifts

Post by sameer1haq »

dancingqueen wrote:Sameer

You are a moaner.

All you do is whinge about not getting shifts ever day.

You are on a zero hours contract and will only get shifts when you are needed.

if you want regular work then go get a proper 9-5 job if you can find one.

Stop playing the victim.
I’m not moaning, I was just asking why? Because some people said they got shifts for a few days but I got nothing that’s all
dancingqueen

Not Getting Shifts

Post by dancingqueen »

Sameer

You are a moaner and clearly don't understand what a zero hours contract is.

Let me educate you.

Angard will call you in when they need you. Others may be called in ahead of you. This is how is works.

Get over it.

The rest of us mugs have had to put up with this for years.
sameer1haq

Not Getting Shifts

Post by sameer1haq »

Why would others may be called? Cause of wage difference?
NW11851

Not Getting Shifts

Post by NW11851 »

Look. Angard TRY to allocate shifts nominally equally and fairly.

At my MC, there is a commitment to use no more than 40% of staff with less than 12 weeks’ experience and the remainder on the higher wages.

There are other issues but basically the system is reasonably fair.

Of course, if you really p**s off Managers, they might ask Angard not to book you for a couple of weeks.

If you moan at them the way you do on here, then I wouldn’t blame them.
dancingqueen

Not Getting Shifts

Post by dancingqueen »

Sameer given how you moan constantly on here I am surprised you get any shifts at all to be honest.
sameer1haq

Not Getting Shifts

Post by sameer1haq »

Actually don’t piss any managers off, I’m fine will all managers and cool with them. And i wasn’t moaning I was just generally asking.