not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Advice needed/agency

22 Apr 2020, 12:49

Due to covid my job has been finished, today I start as a night sorter for the royal mail but through an agency is there scope to pick up a permanent contract with RM if I can prove to be an asset? Thank you and welcome any advice.

Advice needed/agency

22 Apr 2020, 15:00

To be honest, it’s doubtful. They very rarely advertise Royal Mail contracts for mail sorters and seem to rely on agency casuals. But occasionally jobs come up. Most of the positions advertised seem to be for postmen/postwomen. Never say never though.

Advice needed/agency

22 Apr 2020, 19:03

It seems a hard thing to get into these days, cheers for the heads up though, stay safe.

Advice needed/agency

24 Apr 2020, 03:02

Yeah, you can try to apply for any internal "vacant duties" available in the Mail Centre you work. "Try" is a good word, because Royal Mail HR will tell you that you cannot apply, as the internal jobs are for the Royal Mail staff only. Then have a look at the Agency Workers Regulations 2010, Regulation 13, after that, read this:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf
or check employment Tribunal decisions, case number: 1805244/2018
in this, read paragraph 6, Complaint 3 (Royal Mail being found in breach of the law, for refusing Angard agency workers to apply for internal vacant "duties", in Leeds Mail Centre)
get yourself a lawyer or do it yourself, and take "Royal Mail Group Limited" to your nearest employment tribunal, for some handsome compensation, for not being allowed to apply for the internal jobs at your local Royal Mail Mail Centre. Simples! Royal Mail are going to claim that these "vacant duties" are not really "jobs", but no sane ET judge will buy this explanation. These "internal vacant duties" are nothing but "JOBS". Vacant duties = vacant posts = vacant jobs. Thank you, please.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1