ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wages

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
sameer1haq

Wages

Post by sameer1haq »

tabact wrote:Is this possibly JoinedUp related? I'm still booking shifts via phone, text or email and there have been no particular wage issues at my MC. I contacted payroll a couple of weeks back via the website and they replied the next day.
It won’t be joinedup. Like people are saying, people are getting paid wrong and it’s nothing to with JoinedUp.

NW11851

Wages

Post by NW11851 »

Inputters in the various Book Rooms?
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Wages

Post by Lockardian »

In our case, no. Everything has been submitted correctly but certain shifts have been randomly not paid.

It will be interesting to see what rate my Bank Holiday is paid at. The wrong rate shows on Joined Up, but I don’t know if that’s directly linked to the payroll system.
Ano

Wages

Post by Ano »

tabact wrote:Is this possibly JoinedUp related? I'm still booking shifts via phone, text or email and there have been no particular wage issues at my MC. I contacted payroll a couple of weeks back via the website and they replied the next day.
Definitely not JoinedUp, we still use the old text and phone system and have randomly been paid. Managed to check my tax code last night which is correct so I shouldn't be getting taxed.

Somehow they have paid me for 6 hrs of my 8 hr shift and not the other one so technically they would have had calculated hours till 6pm on Thursday as I worked 12 to 8pm. Would help if there was a payslip but no login at the moment :Boo hoo!
toonlad2

Wages

Post by toonlad2 »

f
Last edited by toonlad2 on 24 Apr 2020, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
Ano

Wages

Post by Ano »

Just had an email from Angard, supposedly the manager did not submit my hours for Sat 11th April and have now contacted them and if approved will backdate my pay.

I assume this would be the shift manager?.

Explains why half the shift was paid and half wasn't as we had multiple sign in sheets
toonlad2

Wages

Post by toonlad2 »

'
Last edited by toonlad2 on 24 Apr 2020, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
tabact

Wages

Post by tabact »

In my experience and I've had missing hours numerous times it has always been RM failing to send Angard the correct hours. The problem you then get is Angard email RM and that's it. If RM fail to respond it's down to you to keep chasing Angard if you don't hear anything back and the following week the hours are still missing. Angard will then send another email and sit back and forget about it again until either RM respond or you contact them again. Angard are not proactive in any way to RM not responding to emails and appear incapable of picking up a phone and calling the book room to sort it out if their emails are ignored. When the hours are finally submitted you'll then wait a couple of weeks to finally get the missing hours.

Everything else like incorrect rates are down to Angard but although they are pretty good at responding it does appear to be luck of the draw whether you get a response that solves the problem or you get the copy and paste standard reply which doesn't help at all. In normal times a phone call to payroll is always the best option for most problems but they will insist you submit missing hours online first.
NW11851

Wages

Post by NW11851 »

Angard seem terrified of upsetting RM - who actually own them.

It’s not a very healthy principal / client relationship.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Wages

Post by Lockardian »

toonlad2 wrote:oops they did it again ,, another blank wageslip except yearly update no payments for my shifts i did last week ,,

thing is why arnt angaard keeping us up to date and passing the buck to royal mail who in turn when asking them blame angaard were just pawns in the middle
Same here. A blank payslip within six shifts missing as well as an unresolved query from the previous week. I am now 7 shifts and over £550 down.

I submitted a form via the help centre but did not even get an acknowledgement/receipt.

In my case I have spoken to the book room and they have confirmed the shifts are submitted. So it appears to be Angard’s fault. This is three weeks in a row there have been errors.
Ano

Wages

Post by Ano »

Lockardian wrote:
toonlad2 wrote:oops they did it again ,, another blank wageslip except yearly update no payments for my shifts i did last week ,,

thing is why arnt angaard keeping us up to date and passing the buck to royal mail who in turn when asking them blame angaard were just pawns in the middle
Same here. A blank payslip within six shifts missing as well as an unresolved query from the previous week. I am now 7 shifts and over £550 down.

I submitted a form via the help centre but did not even get an acknowledgement/receipt.

In my case I have spoken to the book room and they have confirmed the shifts are submitted. So it appears to be Angard’s fault. This is three weeks in a row there have been errors.
As I don't have access to wage slips... I've been waiting 3 weeks for a login I'm not hopeful for this week.

Surely they must come up with a better way than just emailing RM to get hours verified...
kd

Wages

Post by kd »

Angard should be paying wages in the same week that you performed work any for them - that how Royal Mail staff get paid, they do not have to wait until the next Friday to get paid. You work in a week, you should be paid on Friday, the very same week. An employment tribunal claim somebody needs to make out of this, to sort Angard once and for all. If you have a shift on Friday, Saturday on Sunday, you should have already been paid for it by Angard, even before actually working these shifts. That is how Royal Mail staff are having their wages paid. Do you think that Royal Mail have to wait until the Friday next week to get paid for the previous week? Get outta here! Angard is doing that because nobody as yet have challenged them about it. Let us just wait and see.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Wages

Post by SpacePhoenix »

kd wrote:Angard should be paying wages in the same week that you performed work any for them - that how Royal Mail staff get paid, they do not have to wait until the next Friday to get paid. You work in a week, you should be paid on Friday, the very same week. An employment tribunal claim somebody needs to make out of this, to sort Angard once and for all. If you have a shift on Friday, Saturday on Sunday, you should have already been paid for it by Angard, even before actually working these shifts. That is how Royal Mail staff are having their wages paid. Do you think that Royal Mail have to wait until the Friday next week to get paid for the previous week? Get outta here! Angard is doing that because nobody as yet have challenged them about it. Let us just wait and see.
Wrong! All RM staff get paid a week in arrears. It's been that way for at least 15 years. Say you do 40 hours in week 1, that gets submitted to the payroll on the Tuesday of week 2 (Tuesday is the deadline on a non-bank holiday week for anything to be run on the payroll) and the hours for week 1 get paid on the Friday of week 2 (payslips get sent out on the Wednesday of week 2 for hours worked week 1).

That's how most if not all companies work who pay their staff weekly
kevin1968

Wages

Post by kevin1968 »

Let's see if I get paid properly next week, remember the 0 hour contract and they will need us before we need them, And also we should be getting danger pay doesn't everyone agree, also signs above the mail centre's should read ANGARD/ROYAL MAIL In Corona World
NW11851

Wages

Post by NW11851 »

Until recently, Angard/RM have invariably taken the view of take it or leave. There have always been ‘more workers applying in a minute’.

It has rarely been a problem for then to recruit new staff endlessly, so they’ve never had to bother how they treated the existing staff.

With CV19, things have changed a little, and will continue to do so

Angard are having difficulty in finding the requested numbers if staff for each shift.

On one Late Shift recently at my MC, RM wanted 80 staff but Angard could find only 58.

Staff are scared to come in
Staff have caring responsibilities
Staff are self-isolating
Staff can stay at home and try to claim the 80% of their average wages from the government.

This is why RM has turned to Manpower.
13-week initial contracts, 8-hours per day, National Minimum Wage.
No brainer for RM esp. with the nearby international airport suffering 25,000 job losses/furloughs.