not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Wages

17 Apr 2020, 17:12

Hi,
So I currently work at the Leeds MC and work through Angard. So ive worked nearly all week last week (Monday, a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday). Wages usually are paid today and I would’ve got around £120 (don’t pay tax), but some reason I got paid £40, is this anything to do with Bank Holiday? I contacted the bank if it was their side but they said it wasn’t.
I checked JoinedUp and all the shifts have proccessed and submitted so this isn’t. I’m a bit worried now because it is very difficult to contact Angard as they reply usually in 3 days through email.
Is there anyone I can contact and do I have to wait till next Friday for any hope?

Wages

17 Apr 2020, 17:19

Sunday will probably be paid next week due to the cutoff time for Royal Mail submitting hours - but I feel your problem is bigger. There have been a lot of cockups with wages recently. All you can do is email Angard - state all the shifts you were expecting to be paid for. And wait. And wait.

Wages

17 Apr 2020, 17:43

Contact payroll via the angard website queries page. They are responding to queries submitted through the website. Sunday was paid this week at my MC.

Wages

18 Apr 2020, 00:53

Thanks for the replies
So now I’ve checked today and I’ve just got 1 wage, why is it doing this?

Wages

18 Apr 2020, 08:53

tabact wrote:Contact payroll via the angard website queries page. They are responding to queries submitted through the website. Sunday was paid this week at my MC.

Are you saying they are prioritising the queries submitted through the website, which basically sends an email to the same inbox as if an email had been sent?

Wages

18 Apr 2020, 11:15

Lockardian wrote:
tabact wrote:Contact payroll via the angard website queries page. They are responding to queries submitted through the website. Sunday was paid this week at my MC.

Are you saying they are prioritising the queries submitted through the website, which basically sends an email to the same inbox as if an email had been sent?

Yes they are. This system is honestly shambolic. I understand the situation we are in but they should some sort of system to communication to make it easier because the email replies are insanely long.

Wages

18 Apr 2020, 12:12

Lockardian wrote:

Yes. If you send an ordinary email you are likely to get an email back telling you to use the website form. They've been doing this for quite a while, nothing to do with the current situation.

Wages

18 Apr 2020, 13:12

Most of the consultants are working from home with varying levels of remote access into the central system.

I think that the most of the wages team can see webform messsges but not all have direct access into the email inbox for wages.

These are very difficult times for all of us and some of them mate probably unused to remote working.

Wages

18 Apr 2020, 13:47

tabact wrote:
Lockardian wrote:

Yes. If you send an ordinary email you are likely to get an email back telling you to use the website form. They've been doing this for quite a while, nothing to do with the current situation.

I’ve done both, a query and an email.

Wages

18 Apr 2020, 19:28

I’m still owed money from a shift weeks ago and I’ve got a feeling next week’s will be wrong as the bank holiday shift I did on Monday shows normal rate (not bank holiday rate) on JoinedUp. I’ll submit a web form as well as the numerous emails yet to be answered. Cheers.

Wages

18 Apr 2020, 21:02

Had my induction last Thursday and worked Saturday ( 2 x 8 hr shifts at 9.60 ph ) so I expected £144 (including the 0.5 hr break each shift deducted) but ended up with £57.60. Had a quick calculation and think I am missing a whole 8 hr shift and have been emergency taxed but have no idea as HMRC income tax site gives me no information on my current job and still has last years 1250L tax code up :neutral: . I mostly work weekdays so will have to find time Mon-Fri to phone reduced hours HMRC.

Still, no access to the online payslip to check but emailed Angard for access but it seems it's common at my mail centre most people are missing wages. Someone who worked 3 x 8 hr shifts last week got paid the same as me £57.60 (we are thinking the weekend definitely didn't get paid). Guys who started 2 weeks before me have been missing money from two weeks back and have no access to the payslips as Angard hasn't replied to their request for a login yet.

My line manager suspects it has been payroll run early but they aren't sure as RM workers so far as I know have been paid in full.

The whole easter period has been a shambles, people signed up for 2 weeks Mon-Fri and yet people have had shifts cancelled, called in on the weekend and some even have had 4 weeks worth of work whereas others have had a week of cancelled shifts. :cuppa :arrrghhh

Wages

18 Apr 2020, 21:26

Ano wrote:My line manager suspects it has been payroll run early but they aren't sure as RM workers so far as I know have been paid in full.

Both RM and Angard wil have likely run their payroll on the Wednesday night going into Thursday because of Good Friday. Any leftover bits that missed the deadline to be entered into the payroll should (in theory) go on this weeks payroll.

Don't know about Angard but for RM the deadline normally is Tuesdays for stuff to get added to the payroll to be included in that week's payroll

Wages

18 Apr 2020, 21:30

As I said earlier there have been loads of problems these last couple of weeks. Probably to do with Angard being on skeleton staff. My hours were submitted on Tuesday but this was too late to catch payroll apparently - so last weekend’s hours may turn up in next Friday’s pay for some people.

Wages

19 Apr 2020, 01:27

Will give it till this Friday or I will have deal with this another way. They are withholding wages tbh.
Also I heard some people in my MC that they’ve been paid extra and they’ve been paid way over that they shouldn’t have so it is shambolic. This is the reason I don’t like working through an agency. Really the communication is shambles, u get literally 2 replies a week. They should have staff on Weekends in my opinion to deal during the Pandemic cause really it’s a mess atm.

Wages

19 Apr 2020, 05:36

Is this possibly JoinedUp related? I'm still booking shifts via phone, text or email and there have been no particular wage issues at my MC. I contacted payroll a couple of weeks back via the website and they replied the next day.

Wages

19 Apr 2020, 13:05

tabact wrote:Is this possibly JoinedUp related? I'm still booking shifts via phone, text or email and there have been no particular wage issues at my MC. I contacted payroll a couple of weeks back via the website and they replied the next day.

It won’t be joinedup. Like people are saying, people are getting paid wrong and it’s nothing to with JoinedUp.

Wages

19 Apr 2020, 13:27

Inputters in the various Book Rooms?

Wages

19 Apr 2020, 14:57

In our case, no. Everything has been submitted correctly but certain shifts have been randomly not paid.

It will be interesting to see what rate my Bank Holiday is paid at. The wrong rate shows on Joined Up, but I don’t know if that’s directly linked to the payroll system.

Wages

19 Apr 2020, 16:18

tabact wrote:Is this possibly JoinedUp related? I'm still booking shifts via phone, text or email and there have been no particular wage issues at my MC. I contacted payroll a couple of weeks back via the website and they replied the next day.

Definitely not JoinedUp, we still use the old text and phone system and have randomly been paid. Managed to check my tax code last night which is correct so I shouldn't be getting taxed.

Somehow they have paid me for 6 hrs of my 8 hr shift and not the other one so technically they would have had calculated hours till 6pm on Thursday as I worked 12 to 8pm. Would help if there was a payslip but no login at the moment :Boo hoo!

Wages

20 Apr 2020, 17:45

f
Last edited by toonlad2 on 24 Apr 2020, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2