not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Going behind the backs of Angard Staff?

13 Apr 2020, 06:38

This job advert by Manpower appeared today:
https://www.manpower.co.uk/job/232011/w ... tId=390253

Looks as if Manpower have been tasked with finding an unspecified number of full-time staff on temporary contracts to start urgently.

No thought of offering the work/hours to existing Angard staff.

Perhaps they’ve found that the existing Angard Staff don’t want to work endless silly hours in the present situation and cannot provide sufficient staff to cope with the vast backlog of parcels. Hence this being a hope that a different agency might have a different pool of staff from which to choose,

Interes that no pay rates quoted.

13 Apr 2020, 12:05

Loads of new Angard starters at my MC but apparently they’re asking agencies to supply workers here too. Clearly RM’s policy of allowing its permanent workforce to age while supplementing it with casuals that are treated like crap most of the year is coming back to bite the company now - unsurprisingly a lot of Angard employees don’t want to risk their health just to throw some non-essential parcels all so the managers (who don’t properly enforce distancing guidelines) meet their targets.

13 Apr 2020, 17:25

Is it just Gatwick that are advertising for staff through Manpower? I know that some mail centres use Manpower over Christmas - the casuals have never been exclusively employed through Angard.

Does anyone know of any delivery offices using Angard staff? Apparently Angard supply DOs as well as MCs - but in practice I’ve never seen any jobs advertised there.

14 Apr 2020, 00:29

I understand they are working 20-hour contracts
We have two agencies manpower and another one I can't remember

DOs don't use Angard so I'm told

We are still using new Angard agency in our MC

We started using a new recruitment system as well which is particularly bad timing
It is all about to explode in managers faces this week

17 Apr 2020, 12:32

Tyneside Mail Centre are currently recruiting temps for back shift, Saturdays and nightshift through an agency called First Call, as well as ongoing Angard recruitment.

17 Apr 2020, 13:09

Started using First Call in addition to Angard at my MC yesterday. Angard seem to be struggling to supply people as a lot of the regular Angard faces have gone missing lately.

17 Apr 2020, 14:40

Perhaps they are self-isolating, have the virus, are caring for the old or young who are ‘at risk’ or are simply scared of going to a MC?

If they can manage without the money for a while then it may be their safer option.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1