not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

How Do I Self-Certify as Sick for 7 Days?

11 Apr 2020, 11:03

I have had an online consultation with the LIVI service and the doctor was going to issue me with a Sick Note for 7 days.

He realised that for such a period, I have to self-certify with my employer.

I am unable to locate any information on the Angard website.

How do I go about doing this?

Many thanks

11 Apr 2020, 12:15

ring your manager ,tell them that you are self isolating,they send you a letter with form ,which as dates , symptoms etc to fill in ,you hand in when you get back ,have return to work the end,thats what happened to me,got wages paid no problem.

11 Apr 2020, 12:54

It doesn’t work that way with Angard. You can’t ring them at the moment as they aren’t manning their phone lines. They want a fit note before they can consider SSP. I don’t think they recognise the 7-days self certification either.

Best thing is to email payroll but don’t expect a speedy response. It would be better to get a fit note/isolation note from day one of your absence - if they will do that.

11 Apr 2020, 14:53

As I understand it usually for periods of sickness between 4 and 7 days an employee can self certify, and that this has changed recently so you can now self certify from day 1, up to a period of 7 days? What reasons do Angard give for not accepting self certification?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/statutory-s ... ss-to-work

11 Apr 2020, 16:27

sorry ,take it you mean agency workers OOPS .

12 Apr 2020, 06:13

I myself have not even self certified any sick note, I have been with Angard for 4 years I have Diabetes type 2 with varying sugar levels, and high blood pressure, as stated we are between unemployed and self employed, We also have claimed Universal Credit, I'm not bothered about money, because we do not earn enough, I said to the centre shift manager after 2 and a half days into lockdown that I will not be returning to work as I am in a high risk category and he understood, I emailed Angard and 2 weeks later they replied and only said to await for further instructions, what an absolute joke , guidelines say if I can't work from home I should be furloughed absolute joke it is an absolute disgrace...

12 Apr 2020, 09:24

think you can download certificate from nhs website

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1