not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mail to stop using Angard ....

31 Jan 2020, 10:33

Been told this off a prominent source within Royal Mail , you heard it here first .

31 Jan 2020, 10:40

from when?

31 Jan 2020, 19:56

Is there a timeframe for this? I assumed this would be the case in Mail Centres after all the Tracked and oversized parcels are moved from Mail Centres to one of the new Super Parcel Hubs but this isnt happening for over 2 years as far as I know?
This is part of the reason why an Industrial Action strike for the CWU membership needs to succeed as soon as possible to maintain the workloads at Mail Centres to preserve jobs for both Royal Mail and Angard staff.

31 Jan 2020, 20:52

Xeonus wrote:Is there a timeframe for this? I assumed this would be the case in Mail Centres after all the Tracked and oversized parcels are moved from Mail Centres to one of the new Super Parcel Hubs but this isnt happening for over 2 years as far as I know?
This is part of the reason why an Industrial Action strike for the CWU membership needs to succeed as soon as possible to maintain the workloads at Mail Centres to preserve jobs for both Royal Mail and Angard staff.

Outside of Xmas pressure for most DOs there's only 2 maybe 3 yorks worth of "proper large" items each. The hubs will end up processing a fair bit of small parcels as the large parcel yorks from outward MCs will more often than not have a load of small parcels on them as well.

The Warrington hub is already up and running, once they've found sites and got planning permission for the other two it's probably not going to take them long to get the other 2 set up

02 Feb 2020, 21:26

Does this mean they are going in for A) year round Royal Mail Casuals or B) getting higher proportion permanent Part time staff? They rely on many casuals at the moment to process the larger number of small packets, including tracked that are in the system. Surely it will be a while before a lot of the tracked go to the new hubs (site and planning needed as quoted above) and won't that be for the "big" suppliers? Can see Angard being out in the medium term though.

Angard since 2011/12 - Rm since Nov 2015

03 Feb 2020, 12:42

Heard it here first? I've been Angard for over 4 years now, this rumour is constant.
Version I heard is that if RM are forced to pay out compensation to Angard workers re breaks and xmas bonus cos of legal action, they will wind Angard up.

03 Feb 2020, 15:40

They are trying to settle out of court final hearing late this year. But have made 2 low offers to settle both declined so I hear. Must no it’s a no win case if I goes the distance and they lose it would be a massive payout to nearly 70 claimants Angard in its form now is on borrowed time.

03 Feb 2020, 16:27

70 claiments? What about everybody else? Am not in on a claim, but if Angard have to pay out, word will spread, all will pile in. Just imagine the bad publicity, paying out to some while ignoring the vast majority.

03 Feb 2020, 20:26

There are way too many things combined that Angard casuals are being mistreated or not getting equality in. Ideally RM gives all angard casuals a part-time contract with the ability to take on overtime but from what I hear, there are SO many angard casuals at each location that it is not viable financially.

So many things I am keeping my eye on and being interested in. So far, nothing has benefited all Angard Casuals in the 12~ years the Agency has existed in its current form. Yes our breaks are paid now but breaks are still being skipped or given too little break under managers claiming that is what is supposed to happen. Yes we got a pay rise in october 2019 but that was only because it was following royal mail's pay rise.

03 Feb 2020, 20:32

Xeonus wrote: So far, nothing has benefited all Angard Casuals in the 12~ years the Agency has existed in its current form. .

It may have been in existence that long, but it only started supplying Agency workers for Xmas 2011 (there were no RM casuals that year), then the "year round" casuals to the present day. RM took back the Xmas Casual provision from 2012 onward

03 Feb 2020, 22:41

ennabee wrote:
Xeonus wrote: So far, nothing has benefited all Angard Casuals in the 12~ years the Agency has existed in its current form. .

It may have been in existence that long, but it only started supplying Agency workers for Xmas 2011 (there were no RM casuals that year), then the "year round" casuals to the present day. RM took back the Xmas Casual provision from 2012 onward

Interesting information. So it has been around 8 years which is still 8 years too long sadly.

09 Feb 2020, 14:24

At the depot where I am based the Royal Mail staff who were taken on with a 3 month temporary contract for the Christmas period have all lost their jobs. They have been transferred on to the Angard Payroll. This time last year I was being offered 4 hour shifts and working about 8 hours in total. This year I am doing on average /three four full days a week. One of the RM staff said that i would have to look for a new job soon but didn't give a reason. Other than this forum I haven't heard any rumours about Angard coming to an end.

09 Feb 2020, 16:01

I would possibly say Angard is the future, not the other way round.
Just a shame that RM managers are............... RM managers and f**k the s**t out of it. :neutral:

09 Feb 2020, 18:12

POSTMAN wrote:I would possibly say Angard is the future, not the other way round.
Just a shame that RM managers are............... RM managers and f**k the s**t out of it. :neutral:

I agree. I don’t think RM have any current intention of hiring permanent staff for most roles.

The last hiree at Gatwick MC was eight years ago!

It could be a good way to run the MC operation but for the interference and other activities of local managers

10 Feb 2020, 16:07

Going to a document assessment day for Angard? Worked for Royal Mail over Christmas, thoroughly enjoyed the company and have been asked by Josh at Angard Staffing for feedback :Very Happy Will there be guaranteed work?

10 Feb 2020, 17:12

No unless things have changed . No guaranteed shifts. Shifts you do get can be cancelled at short notice.and so it goes on etc .etc.etc. Angard is shite as others will tell you on here. RM over Xmas is ok but Angard long term is pure grief.

11 Feb 2020, 00:56

No

12 Feb 2020, 13:18

I'm currently five weeks without work at Cardiff mail centre is there anyway of freezing the awr?

12 Feb 2020, 14:03

Lewisboy55 wrote:I'm currently five weeks without work at Cardiff mail centre is there anyway of freezing the awr?

If yoy have any holiday book 4 hours a week to pause the clock.

12 Feb 2020, 14:58

Hoping123 wrote: Will there be guaranteed work?

No.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2