not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Loyalty to Existing Staff - What a Joke.

03 Dec 2019, 16:26

Gatwick MC had nearly 400 staff on the Late Shift yesterday.

RM staff on SA, RM staff on overtime, Angard staff, RM Christmas Casuals etc.

There were Senior Management from ‘upstairs’ wondering about making notes.

Today, all the Angard Caduals have had their shifts cancelled. Presumably ‘Management think that RM Casuals with only one or two shift behind them, can do it all . Wonder if they looked at the wage bill and RM Casuals customers only £10.50/hour?

Too many RM Casuals in the building, hundreds of Miss-sorts, but Management don’t seem to care.

We go in time after time throughout the year, yet when there’s lots of work to be done, we are last in the queue.

Very Angry of Crawley

03 Dec 2019, 18:21

From what I've heard the RM Christmas casuals are guaranteed minimum 20hrs/week for 6 weeks as part of the service contract with the agencies involved.

If it's true it explains why they're getting preference over Angard staff.

03 Dec 2019, 19:28

yes its not good....at Exeter MC no shifts last week & none so far this week

04 Dec 2019, 12:08

This morning’s text gem:
“DUE TO A SYSTEM ERROR WE HAVE HAD TO CANCEL ALL BOOKINGS FOR THIS WEEK. I WILL BE REBOOKING EVERYONE IN FOR SHIFTS THIS TODAY. PLEASE WAIT FOR A TEXT MESSAGE BEFORE CALLING.I WILL NOT BOOK ANYONE WITHOUT A TEXT MESSSAGE. .........”

So:
1 They’ve implemented an improperly tested system ‘enhancement’ during the busiest time of the year OR
2 Theyve cocked up, big time.

Don’t think the favoured RM Casuals will be affected in the slightest.

This happened yesterday as well.
They forced everyone to rebook.
Then they cancelled all Angard staff.
Then local Managers stepped in and called/texted staff who they knew could actually do the work

Meanwhile a Floor Manager’s partner and her son roll in for every evening shift.

Each year there is a new slant on just how incompetent are Angard.

Yo Ho Ho

05 Dec 2019, 20:50

I heard back in Sept through a RM worker that RM only planned on taking 25% of Angard workers for the Christmas period. Upon having a shift this week I observed many RM casuals and other agency workers on site. Some with absolutely nothing to do apart from trying to look busy. I also noticed a big change in the types of people employed through the RM casual role. What happened with supporting the ethnic minorities I ask myself?

10 Dec 2019, 09:56

Worse Christmas in years.
15 days since my last shift.

What's going on with Angard? No communication, not even an email to apologize for no work.
How does it make economic sense to fill the MC with Christmas casuals, who have never done the job before, instead of highly experienced Angard workers? They're not that much cheaper, most are less productive and require far more management.

In September Angard asked us to tell them what extra Christmas shifts we wanted. Why bother asking if they haven't got any work to give us?

10 Dec 2019, 14:50

Exactly! Not a peep from them since the beginning of November!

No communication whatsoever.

Sending that email late Summer requesting us to write back with our shift preferences for Xmas and nothing.

Lots of us will be losing our Higher rate of pay soon

28 Dec 2019, 08:19

Please do not in any circumstances resort to name calling or behaviour that could be deemed as bullying or harassment.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php
1 post deleted

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1