not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Text of letter sent to Angard employees by Royal mail : Potential strike action

19 Oct 2019, 07:09

Dear Angard Staffing Solutions Colleague,

Our Angard workers play a valuable role in our business as such we wanted to provide you with
some support and guidance in the current climate.

Potential strike action

As you may know Royal Mail is currently in mediation with the CWU. The CWU have today confirmed
a “yes” vote in their ballot of Royal Mail staff, to take part in potential industrial action. We want to
assure you that this dispute does not relate to your employment with Angard Staffing Solutions, who is your
employer. This means even if you are a member of the CWU, you are not entitled to take part in any
strike action.

The CWU have indicated the action may take place around 20 November 2019. Formal notice is still
to be received from the CWU and mediation will continue with the hope of reaching an agreement
so we will keep Angard Staffing Solutions up to date with the latest news.

Can I work during strike action?

We also wanted to assure you that you CAN work on the day of any industrial action where you are
performing your normal role. We will have managers at the picket line to support both Angard
Staffing Solutions and Royal Mail employees who wish to work. We welcome and appreciate the
support of everyone working on these days. Please be aware that should you decide not to work a
confirmed assignment e.g. because you do not wish to cross a picket line, then you will not be paid,
just as with any other unauthorised absence. We would also ask that you confirm to Angard Staffing
Solutions when you are not able to work a standard shift where you would be expected, this is for
health and safety reasons.

Queries

If you have any queries or concerns then please contact Angard Staffing Solutions who will be
provided with the most up to date information as we are able to share it.

Thank you for your continued support.

Yours faithfully,

Alison Westwood
Head of Recruitment Services
Royal Mail Group

Text of letter sent to Angard employees by Royal mail

19 Oct 2019, 07:11

Also posted in the Dispute area, general discussion there please https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 44#p868244

Specifics for Angard can stay in here if you want.

19 Oct 2019, 19:40

We want to assure you that this dispute does not relate to your employment with Angard Staffing Solutions, who is your
employer. This means even if you are a member of the CWU, you are not entitled to take part in any
strike action

Interesting what Rm is trying to do, is the bold part true?

20 Oct 2019, 01:35

Janet Brum wrote:
We want to assure you that this dispute does not relate to your employment with Angard Staffing Solutions, who is your
strike action

Interesting what Rm is trying to do, is the bold part true?

Yes and No. Its badly worded.

Even after a strike ballot we are not entitled to strike, but we are covered by various acts of parliement passed into law, that makes the strike legal.

However, those who were not balotted and are working for a different employer, will have no legal protection.

20 Oct 2019, 08:09

Thanks for your answer, I didn`t knew Angard staff weren`t balloted, read it on another topic, that`s pitty, they could have joined us in the fight...

20 Oct 2019, 15:36

I wasn’t balloted as, although a member of CWU, my contract is with their subsidiary, Angard.

My solution is not to book shifts for strike days and to decline shifts on strike days, if offered.

If I were to accept a shift and then strike, that would count as unauthorised absence.

I suppose tgat Angard will try to get us to booked shifts weeks in advance, before strike dates are known.

They can whistle for that.

In the past two weeks I have been booked for 5 evenings each week. In both weeks I only worked Monday and Friday.
I understand that it’s easier for them to administer but it’s no fun having shifts cancelled like that.

21 Oct 2019, 18:07

I wasn’t balloted as, although a member of CWU, my contract is with their subsidiary, Angard.

My solution is not to book shifts for strike days and to decline shifts on strike days, if offered.

If I were to accept a shift and then strike, that would count as unauthorised absence.

I suppose tgat Angard will try to get us to booked shifts weeks in advance, before strike dates are known.

They can whistle for that.

In the past two weeks I have been booked for 5 evenings each week. In both weeks I only worked Monday and Friday.
I understand that it’s easier for them to administer but it’s no fun having shifts cancelled like that.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1