not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Email for Christmas

10 Sep 2019, 15:29

Has anyone had the email about Christmas Work ?
:crazy:

Email for Christmas

10 Sep 2019, 17:53

Royal Mail Christmas Shifts

What’s happening?

• Christmas is the busiest time of the year for Royal Mail, and they plan all year round to help ensure they deliver the best possible service to our customers.
• As in previous years, Royal Mail will be recruiting extra people from local communities to support their permanent postmen and women.
• Royal Mail need to recruit thousands of casuals nationwide to provide additional manpower to do this successfully.
• Royal Mail knows from previous years that many of our Angard employees have been keen to pick up extra shifts on the run up the festive period.

What do you need to do?

As a current Angard registered employee you DO NOT need to apply for the Royal Mail Christmas Casual Royal Mail positions that will be advertised from 29th August 2019. All Angard employees can discuss with their Line Manager about any additional shifts they might want around the Christmas period.

Email for Christmas

10 Sep 2019, 20:30

Two years ago they asked for requests and they obviously used a spreadsheet to allocate duties.

Last year they sent out a text, when the Evening shift was at work inviting immediate phone calls. First. One first served. Only would accept complete weeks.

Lots of staff missed out.

This year it appears fIrer with a general email but no idea how they will allocate shifts.

Remember, Angard are advertising to non/ employees and RM are also advertising to the public.

Email for Christmas

11 Sep 2019, 08:53

Lewisboy55 wrote:Royal Mail Christmas Shifts

As a current Angard registered employee you DO NOT need to apply for the Royal Mail Christmas Casual Royal Mail positions that will be advertised from 29th August 2019. All Angard employees can discuss with their Line Manager about any additional shifts they might want around the Christmas period.

Anybody know who their line manager is?

Since going over to the first come first served shift allocation via text it seems to be a different person every time you ring them and they don't normally give their names when sending a text or answering the phone. You used to be able to ring up and know who you were dealing with, now you have to ask by mail centre and I bet if I rang up today they wouldn't be interested in dealing with Christmas shifts. I can't even be bothered to send them an email (as requested by Angard in their email) that I'm interested in extra shifts for November and December. I can't see many shifts being available at my MC with the number of people Angard keep on their books and I can't be arsed with the chaos that ensues over the Christmas period anyway.

Email for Christmas

11 Sep 2019, 11:13

I sent an email back but haven’t heard anything (not that I was really expecting to).

I’m on my third ‘agent’ in six months, the current guy’s pretty sound, next time I get him on the phone I’m going to ask if he knows how it’s going to work this year.

Email for Christmas

11 Sep 2019, 16:02

Goodness knows who is running the desk fir Gatwick MC.

Complete idiot.

Last week pre-booked shifts were cancelled with the instruction ‘Do not attend Romford MC tonight.’.

Pardon?

Today’s gem was to confirm my pre-booked 18:30 shift at 10:18, only to cancel it at 14:18.

They seem to be employing a clown. Perhaps he would like to try a shift in a MC

Email for Christmas

11 Sep 2019, 17:25

Anybody know who their line manager is?
Since going over to the first come first served shift allocation via text it seems to be a different person every time you ring them and they don't normally give their names when sending a text or answering the phone.

Tabact

"All Angard employees can discuss with their Line Manager about any additional shifts they might want around the Christmas period."

when I saw this comment in my email i assumed they meant line Manager at the royal mail centre you worked at and not the line Manager at Angard.

Email for Christmas

11 Sep 2019, 17:51

Had some shifts booked in on Monday for today, Thursday and Friday which is rare (normally they don’t book us in too far in advance outside of peak times), tonight’s just got cancelled, suppose it’s worth getting used to this now as no doubt it’ll be the norm come November.

Email for Christmas

11 Sep 2019, 18:33

dancingqueen wrote:
when I saw this comment in my email i assumed they meant line Manager at the royal mail centre you worked at and not the line Manager at Angard.

I assumed they meant your "consultant" at angard. RM managers wouldn't be interested in discussing shift availability and there is no manager who deals with shifts at my MC, it's all done via the book room.

Email for Christmas

11 Sep 2019, 19:21

In my mail centre RM Managers book angard workers in for shifts all the time.

Often when I am about to complete a night shift the RM Manager will ask me am I free to work anymore night shifts for that particular week.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1