not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

No text message for shift availability

29 Aug 2019, 10:22

I had an induction two weeks ago and after that I have never received a text message for shifts availability, also if people that have done the induction with me have got them. I tried to reach someone by e mail and phone but anyone has given to me a reply back.
Does anyone how to get a text message for shifts available?
The phone number is correct, already verified twice.

Thanks

30 Aug 2019, 07:40

It can take time when you first start to get up and running, a lot of mail centres will have booked in staff in advance for the past fortnight because it’s always busy around bank holidays, I’ve worked four out the last five weeknights and they were booked in ages ago, the last text about availability I had from Angard was over ten days ago, our MC tends to only put one or two new starters on at a time because although you’ve had your induction they still have to train you on the job, I’d expect you’ll hear something soon but you can call them on 03332408502.

30 Aug 2019, 07:46

My MC can easily get 40 - 50 new starters sent in in a Monday evening.
Angard don’t care that they don’t know how to do the jobs and just wander around in flocks, like sheep.
Rarely get allocated any of the more physical jobs - just get sent to muck up the sorting.

Many fail to appear ever again and Angard keep on recruiting, endlessly.

It’s all very tiresome and rather depressing especially as experienced casuals are scrabbling around for shifts.

30 Aug 2019, 07:57

Yeah, from speaking to others on here and IRL I’m certain I’m at one of the better MCs. We had four new people in on Wednesday which is pretty rare, was insanely busy and guessing Angard just sent everyone they could, generally it seems to be the same faces in, luckily there’s always a fair bit of night work to go round, on lates it’s a different story though, really quiet apparently.

09 Sep 2019, 11:19

I still didn't get any text message from A&S.
Plus, I have seen multiple job adv on Indeed looking for Parcel Sorter.
I don't really know what to do...

09 Sep 2019, 12:24

Ring Angard

09 Sep 2019, 13:55

I already tried loads of time and wrote down some e mail as well.
No reply from them.

09 Sep 2019, 15:01

If you select the right options when you call that number you should get through to a human.

At some MCs there just isn’t a lot of work. And more generally it’s not really a reliable form of income - I’ve got a second job so picking up a shift or two each week’s fine for me on the high rate but every few weeks we get new starters and when I chat to them they all think it’ll lead to full time work, that they can make this rotten system work for them, and after a month or two they nearly all leave.

10 Sep 2019, 15:26

26l34 wrote:If you select the right options when you call that number you should get through to a human.

At some MCs there just isn’t a lot of work. And more generally it’s not really a reliable form of income - I’ve got a second job so picking up a shift or two each week’s fine for me on the high rate but every few weeks we get new starters and when I chat to them they all think it’ll lead to full time work, that they can make this rotten system work for them, and after a month or two they nearly all leave.

This is probably spot on.The shift I do is shared out and pretty meager. Same again probably best used as an extra.A few have got jobs but only part time hours.As for new starters they dont seem to last long possibly go onto different shifts.
Have you tried going for different shifts ?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1