not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Strike action ?

22 Aug 2019, 17:47

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49441049

Strike action ?

25 Aug 2019, 20:53

A few of us casuals at our MC said we wouldn’t accept shifts whenever this happens, none of us are in the union but think we’ve got to do our bit in solidarity.

Strike action ?

26 Aug 2019, 10:13

I joined the union while working for angard.

Strike action ?

31 Aug 2019, 12:06

Where employees take strike action, can their employer hire temporary staff to cover their work?

Regulation 7 of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/3319) precludes the provision of temporary workers to perform the duties normally performed by a worker who is taking part in a strike or other industrial action. An employment business supplying workers in these circumstances will be committing a criminal offence, and the employer could be found to be aiding and abetting that offence.

The restriction does not apply if strike action is unofficial (ie is not endorsed by a union) or where the employment business providing the temporary worker does not know about the industrial action and has no reasonable grounds for knowing about the industrial action.

The Regulations do not prevent an employer from directly employing temporary employees on fixed-term contracts to cover the work of employees on strike, rather than hiring agency workers.

https://www.xperthr.co.uk/faq/where-emp ... ork/99324/

The way I understand the regulations is - If, for example, RM usually employ 4 casuals for a Monday night shift, they also can if it's a strike day, but no more than usual ie. not any to cover the strikers work.

Problem could occur if RM HQ fail to inform local managers of this, but that's a problem for RM

Strike action ?

31 Aug 2019, 15:29

Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing.

Strike action ?

11 Sep 2019, 14:36

How often is this implemented in reality? Are people even aware of this option?

Strike action ?

16 Oct 2019, 00:24

Just seen on the news that strike action has been voted for and I've literally just had a job offer for xmas temp work (non Angard).

Just wondering how this will affect Christmas Casuals.

1/ Does this increase the likeliness that help will be needed after xmas eve as well as overtime?

2/ Will this affect the induction & level of management/supervision received?

3/ Will I be universally hated by regulars if I don't join the pickets? (not that I don't sympathise with the workers but I've been unemployed for a year and I will most likely be back on Universal Credit jumping through hoops not to get sanctioned once the jobs done)

Strike action ?

16 Oct 2019, 21:24

fl2019 wrote:Just seen on the news that strike action has been voted for and I've literally just had a job offer for xmas temp work (non Angard).

Just wondering how this will affect Christmas Casuals.

1/ Does this increase the likeliness that help will be needed after xmas eve as well as overtime?

2/ Will this affect the induction & level of management/supervision received?

3/ Will I be universally hated by regulars if I don't join the pickets? (not that I don't sympathise with the workers but I've been unemployed for a year and I will most likely be back on Universal Credit jumping through hoops not to get sanctioned once the jobs done)
in answer to your questions:-
1. possibly :speak to the hand
2. possibly,but really they don't care about any other staff; as they got a grand for nowt yesterday :d'oh!
3. :d'oh! yes, i don't kno you but i hate your route 'in' already (i also empathize with your circumstances, fella...but surely you don't expect to profit offa my misery and expect me to congratulate/welcome you with open arms? :so there

Strike action ?

18 Oct 2019, 18:02

Dear Angard Staffing Solutions Colleague,
Our Angard workers play a valuable role in our business as such we wanted to provide you with
some support and guidance in the current climate.
Potential strike action
As you may know Royal Mail is currently in mediation with the CWU. The CWU have today confirmed
a “yes” vote in their ballot of Royal Mail staff, to take part in potential industrial action. We want to
assure you that
this dispute does not relate to your employment with Angard Staffing Solutions, who is your
employer. This means even if you are a member of the CWU, you are not entitled to take part in any
strike action.
The CWU have indicated the action may take place around 20 November 2019. Formal notice is still
to be received from the CWU and mediation will continue with the hope of reaching an agreement
so we will keep Angard Staffing Solutions up to date with the latest news.
Can I work during strike action?
We also wanted to assure you that you CAN work on the day of any industrial action where you are
performing your normal role. We will have managers at the picket line to support both Angard
Staffing Solutions and Royal Mail employees who wish to work. We welcome and appreciate the
support of everyone working on these days. Please be aware that should you decide not to work a
confirmed assignment e.g. because you do not wish to cross a picket line, then you will not be paid,
just as with any other unauthorised absence. We would also ask that you confirm to Angard Staffing
Solutions when you are not able to work a standard shift where you would be expected, this is for
health and safety reasons.
Queries
If you have any queries or concerns then please contact Angard Staffing Solutions who will be
provided with the most up to date information as we are able to share it.
Thank you for your continued support.
Yours faithfully,
Alison Westwood
Head of Recruitment Services
Royal Mail Group

Strike action ?

18 Oct 2019, 21:49

Never cross a picket line

Strike action ?

18 Oct 2019, 23:55

Yes my thoughts exactly, i would not cross a picket line, but is the email i got even legal in what Royal mail are saying,
because just say i am booked in on a strike day, I will be doing the same work as a Royal mail employee.

Strike action ?

19 Oct 2019, 09:41

Yeah, but if you’re an Angard employee you’re not employed with Royal Mail. It stinks because like you say we do exactly the same work as RM staff but lack any of the security that goes with it, and we’ll be expected to cross a picket line. That being said I’m only getting one or two shifts a week at the moment so chances are I won’t even be booked in to work when the strike occurs.

Strike action ?

19 Oct 2019, 09:55

26l34 wrote:Yeah, but if you’re an Angard employee you’re not employed with Royal Mail. It stinks because like you say we do exactly the same work as RM staff but lack any of the security that goes with it, and we’ll be expected to cross a picket line. That being said I’m only getting one or two shifts a week at the moment so chances are I won’t even be booked in to work when the strike occurs.

You can pretty much guarantee you will be booked if there is a strike. It also probably explains why there are so many new starters at the moment at my MC while long term staff get sod all, they are getting possible replacement staff in place.

Strike action ?

19 Oct 2019, 17:11

No Angard worker should cross the picket line.

I certainly won't.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1