ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

JoinedUp/ Driver exchange

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
PatK

Post by PatK »

I've a question as well. How far in advance are people getting their shifts? Even though my availability is set to available, Angard are still broadcasting shifts available on a day by day basis for that day only.

tabact

Post by tabact »

PatK wrote:I've a question as well. How far in advance are people getting their shifts? Even though my availability is set to available, Angard are still broadcasting shifts available on a day by day basis for that day only.
Booked 6 days in advance for one shift this week but shifts are drying up so we all seem to be getting allocated a shift well in advance, most of the time fairly short notice. Covid-19 effect has gone at the moment and very quiet so the usual lack of shifts for this time of the year.
sameer1haq wrote:Quick question

Is anyone else getting shifts thru email instead of the text messages and thru joined up? I’m getting emails from “On Call RM” than JoinedUp itself or are they the same thing?

Thanks
I've had an email from Angard saying that they 'no longer send text messages out offering shifts'. You will only get a text when allocated a shift on JoinedUp.
Lockardian wrote:I have an issue with JoinedUp. On Fridays, I cannot work a nightshift but I am available for other shifts, such as a back shift (1400-2200 or 1800-0200). If I mark myself as “unavailable after 0200 Saturday“, this does not show up under Friday, so I still get offered the nightshift. Even if I mark myself as “unavailable after 2200 Friday”, I still keep getting offered the nightshift. When I then decline, Angard mark me as unavailable for the entire Friday so I miss out on being offered the back shifts.
I've had this problem when declining a shift and I just go back into the calendar and change the 'Type' from other to something else and back again and that clears the unavailable all day status. You could try putting 02.00 on the Saturday date as the end of your unavailability on the Friday entry. It will show on the Friday on your weekly calendar but when I did a similar thing it seemed to confuse them and didn't get offered any shifts on either day. It really should be that you can enter when you are available instead of not available and also be able to have more than one entry for the day.