not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Some future changes

27 Mar 2019, 11:28

Changes to pay from 1 April 2019

This communication sets out information about an increase to certain pay rates and some other changes Royal Mail is making to make it easier for you to understand how and what you are being paid for.

Pay Increase

We are pleased to announce that Royal Mail is increasing certain elements of pay by 2% for agency workers who meet the qualifying period of service under the Agency Worker Regulations (i.e. agency workers who work 12 weeks in a row for Royal Mail). The 2% increase applies across eligible areas of pay. We will apply these increases for shifts worked on or after 1 April 2019.

Breaks

As an agency worker, if you work 12 weeks in a row for Royal Mail (and so meet the qualifying period of service under the Agency Worker Regulations), you are entitled to be paid for meal breaks. This pay is currently given to you through an enhancement to your hourly rate of pay. Following feedback that this is causing confusion and leading some agency workers to think that they are not being paid for meal breaks, we are removing the meal break enhancement from the hourly rate of pay. Instead, your paid hours will increase to include paid meal break time. This change should make it easier for you to see that you are being paid for the agreed breaks you take during the working day. This change will come into effect from 1 April 2019.

Note that in the first 12 weeks of an assignment there is no entitlement to paid breaks and there will be no change to this.

Meal break entitlements vary according to the particular role you are covering. If you are unsure what your break entitlement is, please speak to a Royal Mail manager at the site where you are working.

Holiday

As an agency worker, if you work 12 weeks in a row for Royal Mail (and so meet the qualifying period of service under the Agency Worker Regulations), you are entitled to be paid for holiday over and above the 28 day minimum holiday amount which you receive in the first 12 weeks of an assignment (additional holiday). The actual amount of additional holiday you receive will vary depending on the particular role you are working in. Currently you are paid for additional holiday through an enhancement to your hourly rate. We have received feedback that this method of paying for holiday is leading to confusion and to some agency workers thinking they are not being paid for the holiday they are entitled to. We are therefore removing the enhancement to your hourly rate for additional holiday. Instead, you will be paid for holiday when you take your holiday. This change will come into effect from 1 April 2019.

Note that the minimum 28 days holiday amount assumes full time work and entitlement to holiday is pro-rated if you work less than full time hours.

If you have any questions about these changes, please contact angardpayroll.queries@reedglobal.com

Note that due to the removal of enhancements to basic pay for holiday and breaks, you may not see a 2% increase in your hourly pay rate.

Some future changes

27 Mar 2019, 12:49

Now I'll need to ask for the new pay rates information PDF file for my specific mail centre next week. Good to see this information coming out and being explained to properly (I also received this email).
It may look like hourly pay is down but our take-home-pay total will be 2% increased (in theory anyway).

I hope this eliminates the strange decimal point hours paid we were getting. Getting 12.33 hours paid in my weekly payslip for example (this might be wrong but it WAS possible to misunderstand what shift hours hours were worked that week at first glance), definitely confused some people.
Now I should be able to see the full hours I have been paid clearly to confirm I've had my week's hours logged correctly.

Anybody foresee any problems with any of the email which has been referenced by the first post? Looks good to me though I am unsure how new holiday pay will look on my payslips as of yet.

Some future changes

27 Mar 2019, 12:53

I rang them to ask for clarification on some of the information below
The nice and helpful lady on the phone said further information will be sent next week

This is a general email and we only saw this (referring to Reed Global staff) today - shortly before the email was sent out.
They will refer you to a supervisor if you ask a question they can not answer

Reductions in pay to cover paid breaks and reduction in pay to cover holiday changes
Pay increase of 2%

My questions were about how the holiday pay will be calculated and Christmas bonus - neither of which can be answered by non-supervisors

Some future changes

27 Mar 2019, 14:47

just wondered what the consequences of new holiday pay arrangements particularly at this time when there are 'no shifts available'? with current arrangements you can apply for holiday pay to preserve your AWR

Some future changes

27 Mar 2019, 16:04

That is a good question - might be worth asking them directly

Some future changes

02 Apr 2019, 15:34

Has anyone received the new rates of pay from Angard yet? I asked at the end of last week and was told they didn’t yet have them.

Some future changes

02 Apr 2019, 16:24

Sorry, not yet. Will try to post here when I receive them for my MC

Some future changes

02 Apr 2019, 16:30

I got an email saying they hoped to have the rate cards this week. When we finally got the last pay rise it was two weeks later I got the updated rates

Some future changes

07 Apr 2019, 19:34

Hi my first post here,

I have calculated based on £15.01 p/hr (nights)
That the new rate will be down to £13.83 p/hr +2% (30p)

So £14.13 for those currently on £15.01 nightshift.

i dont think i'll be far off and this is why Angards are being cagey about telling
people the new lower rate ahead of easter when pissed off casuals will be required in large numbers.

how can people be working since last mon 1st april for a lower rate and not been told what that rate is?

It could even be down alot more per hour i suspect, one things for sure there is no way they were going to add the 2% rise to those on £15.71 rate as that would push the rate over £16 p/hr

its always better to have a higher hourly rate so you can earn if you do alot of hours, people say "oh but you wont lose out cos you'll get paid breaks and full holiday pay"
Yes but your overall earning potential has been severley cut by the reduction in the hourly rate.

Some future changes

08 Apr 2019, 11:39

2chorizon wrote:Hi my first post here,

I have calculated based on £15.01 p/hr (nights)
That the new rate will be down to £13.83 p/hr +2% (30p)

So £14.13 for those currently on £15.01 nightshift.

i dont think i'll be far off and this is why Angards are being cagey about telling
people the new lower rate ahead of easter when pissed off casuals will be required in large numbers.

how can people be working since last mon 1st april for a lower rate and not been told what that rate is?

It could even be down alot more per hour i suspect, one things for sure there is no way they were going to add the 2% rise to those on £15.71 rate as that would push the rate over £16 p/hr

its always better to have a higher hourly rate so you can earn if you do alot of hours, people say "oh but you wont lose out cos you'll get paid breaks and full holiday pay"

Yes but your overall earning potential has been severley cut by the reduction in the hourly rate.

I asked them directly on the phone last Friday and they "don't know" what our hourly rates will be as hadn't been told by RM - not sure I believe it to be honest

Some future changes

09 Apr 2019, 13:42

Actually thinking about this some more i think AWR pay for Angardees will drop to parity with RM OPG's

the only reason pay was higher was because of enhancements to compensate for holiday pay & breaks

getting alot of txts asking people to block book for easter fortnight beginning 16th april

i guess they want to secure labour commitment ahead of people finding out how much of a oay cut they are about to get

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 12:55

Anybody looked at their payslips for this week, if they worked any shifts last week, to see what their new rate is and how much lower? Didn't get any shifts last week so only holiday pay on mine.

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 13:02

tabact wrote:Anybody looked at their payslips for this week, if they worked any shifts last week, to see what their new rate is and how much lower? Didn't get any shifts last week so only holiday pay on mine.

Dont think payslips come out till thursdays?

Im not AWR qualled yet just coming to the end of my 12 weeks
Whence i'll probably get another kick in the guts lol

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 13:11

Payslips are normally out by midday on a Wednesday. They were slightly later today, probably due to the hoilday payout.

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 13:48

my payrate has dropped by £1.30 a hour on the plus side im payed for the full 8 hour nightshift theres no breaks taken off,on negative side the pension they have taken off is quite large in comparison to other weeks

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3