ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas Bonus

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
NW11851

Christmas Bonus

Post by NW11851 »

Following the recent Employment Tribunal funding regarding the payment of Christmas Bonus to Angard staff on the same date as it being paid to RM staff, and never having heard of it being paid to Angard staff, I emailed Angard.

I have received the following response:
"We are waiting for Royal Mail to make a decision on this, however there have not been any finalised decisions as of yet.

When they have established a decision, we will send further communications. "

I have emailed to express my dissatisfaction about this response as the ET have made a decision yet, as uaual Angard/RM seem to think that, if they ignore it, no-one will notice and it will just go away.

:no no

tabact

Christmas Bonus

Post by tabact »

I love the angard lottery of will you, won't you get a reply? I emailed them the other day via the website and no response so far, I'll give it a couple of weeks then try again. Eventually somebody who can be arsed to reply will be looking at payroll queries when I'll probably get the generic reply.

I mentioned it at work last night and the indifference shown by most people is why it is so hard to get anywhere with angard, most people just accept what they get. If the pay rate was minimum wage there might be more interest but angard know that most people won't complain due to the higher pay rate once AWR qualified.
Bingsmith

Christmas Bonus

Post by Bingsmith »

:arrrghhh still waiting for paid breaks & the back date for all the money taken for them to be refunded .......
26l34

Christmas Bonus

Post by 26l34 »

Hi, had my first couple of shifts as an Angard worker last week, can I expect my breaks to be paid or unpaid when I get paid this Friday? Assumed they'd deduct pay for time not working, I think that's what happened when I was a Christmas casual a few years back, but according to posts on here that's not the case?

Cheers
nothingatthemoment

Christmas Bonus

Post by nothingatthemoment »

26l34 wrote:Hi, had my first couple of shifts as an Angard worker last week, can I expect my breaks to be paid or unpaid when I get paid this Friday? Assumed they'd deduct pay for time not working, I think that's what happened when I was a Christmas casual a few years back, but according to posts on here that's not the case?

Cheers
Short answer No. You must work 12 weeks , with at least 1 shift per week, to Qualify for the "same" treatment as Royal Mail staff . Although if you have read the various posts on this forum you'll notice there is a vast difference made between AWR Angard and Royal Mail staff.
There is also new regulations passed recently which state that all agency staff Must be paid Rest-Breaks from their very first shift .
As usual Angard is ignoring both.
:arrrghhh
26l34

Christmas Bonus

Post by 26l34 »

Only just seen this, cheers for the reply mate
kd

Christmas Bonus

Post by kd »

Royal Mail and Angard Staffing refuse to pay qualified agency workers the Christmas Bonus every year because they (unfortunately, correctly) expect that nobody knows that they deserve to be paid. It looks like you have to fight for you right to be paid what is rightfully yours (and legally as well). Royal Mail is a company who willfully violate the law of the land to increase its profits and earn the shareholders more money.

Both companies have been found to break the law in this respect in 2017 (in regards of the Christmas Bonus of 2016) but they still refuse to pay it: they have not paid it (not backdated it) for the year 2016, they have not paid it in December 2017 and they have not paid it in December 2018.

Only the claimants involved in the case (two individuals) received this payment so far for all three years (2016, 2017, 2018), rest of you can forget it - they will not pay you because Royal Mail believe that you are not going to do anything about it, as you may not even know about it in the first place (about your eligibility - they will obviously not inform you about it, because they do not want to pay you). And they were correct about it in year 2017 - it is too late now for you to do anything about it. Regarding year 2018 it is not too late yet but you need to hurry up to lodge a claim at your local Employment Tribunal against both Royal Mail and Angard Staffing.

Writing to them will not get you anywhere because they will just ignore you or let you wait forever for their response and they have to wait only 3 months from the date when the Christmas Bonus got paid to their permanent staff (21 December 2018) and after that time (which will be around 21 March 2019) you will run out of time to make the claim to the Employment Tribunal (maximum three months back from the time a breach of your rights have occurred).

If anybody is willing to make an effort to fight for their rights with regards of this bonus, the claim in which Royal Mail Group Limited and Angard Staffing Solutions Limited have lost on the point of eligibility of agency workers to receive the Christmas Bonus have been adjudged at Leeds Employment Tribunal in 2017 (case number: 1801535/16, 1801536/16, 1801608/16, 1801609/16).

Unfortunately, this case has not been published online by the Employment Tribunal and it is a shame. You can only find other parts of this claim online - the less interesting ones (it was a complicated claim consisting of various other issues as well):

https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal- ... and-others" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Royal Mail and Angard Staffing also lost the second case regarding 2017 Christmas Bonus (the first one was about the year 2016). Again, it was the same two individuals from Leeds Mail Centre and Royal Mail once again lost the case about the Christmas Bonus, this time for the year 2017. It has been adjudged at Leeds Employment Tribunal on 16 November 2018 and the "Reasons" were issued on 29 November 2018 (case numbers: 1805244/2018 & 1805245/2018). This one was actually published in its entirety on the Employment Tribunal's website, so you can see for yourself:

https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal- ... 05245-2018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy your reading and as Jim Sterling from YouTube says: "Thank god for me!"
Last edited by kd on 22 Mar 2019, 06:34, edited 3 times in total.
NW11851

Christmas Bonus

Post by NW11851 »

I think you will find that ACAS are now handling similar claims against both companies.

Surely the ETs will get exasperated by the companies’ refusal to abide by both the law and judgements and set exemplary fines and rewards?