ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Backdated pay for Angard

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Failureisnotanoption

Backdated pay for Angard

Post by Failureisnotanoption »

Any news on backdated pay to Angard employees 8 weeks since the mail got there bit. Not heard anything recent and remember getting backdated pay in 2016 as per usual one rule for one one for another.

NW11851

Backdated pay for Angard

Post by NW11851 »

As a CWU Member, for what it’s worth, I’ve emailed myvRegiinal Rep about this.

The Rep seems to be having difficulties in obtaining an answer, but continues to send me ‘holding replies’.

We shall see.......
Failureisnotanoption

Backdated pay for Angard

Hoping we might forget about it no doubt. But as far as I know Angard employees well ones that are AWR are entitled to backdated pay from last October. They would be in breach of those rules but will drag it out as long as possible. Like the half hour unpaid deducted breaks. But the mail get paid breaks it’s all total bollocks .
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Backdated pay for Angard

Post by rogersh »

I would agree it appears the pay increase is overdue & I have not seen any information to explain the reason. However is the the higher hourly rate still awarded to compensate for the paid breaks despite the recent EAT ruling?

Background

Under the Agency Worker Regulations 2010 (AWR) agency workers are entitled to the same basic employment terms as the hirer's direct recruits after a 12-week qualifying period. The basic terms are those relating to pay, duration of working time, night work, rest periods, rest breaks and annual leave.

The claimant in this case received a higher hourly rate of pay than a direct recruit, but 2.5 days less holiday. He was only paid for 30 minutes of his one-hour rest break, whereas direct recruits were paid for the full hour. Overall, he received £1.95 more per shift than a direct recruit.

EAT decision

he EAT upheld the claimant's claim that he had not been provided with the same terms as direct recruits in respect of holidays and rest breaks. The fact that the claimant was paid more overall for the shift did not compensate for the less favourable terms in respect of holidays and rest breaks.
Failureisnotanoption

Backdated pay for Angard

Yes I have seen this post. At my MC it’s now 40 mins dinner with 20 mins later on in regards to an 8 hour shift. But Angards are deducted half hour per shift mail get full paid breaks .but this has only come into effect recently before that on an 8 hour shift and I do works night might I say we used to get half hour which was unpaid.so that has been a good change but not on a par with the Mail with there shift allowance use of the gym various other perks stamps etc etc .i am a long term Angard been at my depot since 2014 people come and go without long term Angard the place goes to pot mail failing to get out the door some nights on time because they cut back on staff constantly. its all a numbers game to the managers with there targets to meet and bonuses to get some are ok as with most jobs but it can be very frustrating watching it happen .im a bit more worldly wise after nearly 4 years there being a casual it is what is zero contract shite.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL

Backdated pay for Angard

Post by Navalron »

All the perks that THEY get were fought over for years with posties, me included, going on strike to protect the benefits. I agree that it is Carl but that's what RM always wanted, a divided workforce which they have now got. Divide and conquer come to mind.
Failureisnotanoption

Backdated pay for Angard

You are correct and I have no issue with what the mail get in the main. But saying that I have and as do many Angard staff have more experience than the majority of mail staff in the department I work in . but am a long way from the same level there are mail staff who don’t like casuals mostly long time service ones . Yes there is a issue there is a big turnover of Angard staff at my MC mostly students who you see for a bit then are gone. then there is the issue of taking on new starters constantly as they are cheaper than AWR trained staff then the newbies get loads of shifts and the long terms get overlooked as there on twice the money as a new starter. That happens a lot not sure about other MCs in the country. Jobs come up and people with short service get them how can you overlook staff who have got 4-5-6 years service at depots and think that’s exceptable. Most company’s would kill for experience staff but the mail don’t seem to work that way .
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL

Backdated pay for Angard

Post by Navalron »

Failureisnotanoption. Mate I totally agree with you. I started as a casual too and had to work my way to a permanent contract. It's pathetic that you are still not employed as a RM opg after 4 years. Yes you will have lots of experience and that's RM problem, they should be hanging on to personnel like you. Everybody should be on the same pay and term as they do the same job. It's f.....g bullshit.
nothingatthemoment

Backdated pay for Angard

Post by nothingatthemoment »

Navalron wrote:All the perks that THEY get were fought over for years with posties, me included, going on strike to protect the benefits. I agree that it is Carl but that's what RM always wanted, a divided workforce which they have now got. Divide and conquer come to mind.
Totally agree with what you say Navalron , standing up against the push for dilution of working conditions.
But it is now time for the CWU to stand up for working conditions for Agency workers , there is not just a small gap , but a very large one , which is forever increasing.
Yes some M.C. have adjusted their T-Breaks , in light of the E.A.T., but how long will this last ? There is no guarantee that it wont go back to the same in the run up to Christmas.
It is time for C.W.U. to get their finger out and get something done.
:thumbup
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Backdated pay for Angard

Post by rogersh »

nothingatthemoment wrote:
Navalron wrote:All the perks that THEY get were fought over for years with posties, me included, going on strike to protect the benefits. I agree that it is Carl but that's what RM always wanted, a divided workforce which they have now got. Divide and conquer come to mind.
Yes some M.C. have adjusted their T-Breaks , in light of the E.A.T
:thumbup
What precisely has to be done in regard to T-breaks /E.A.T ruling
tabact

Backdated pay for Angard

Post by tabact »

Nothing changed at my MC in regard to breaks and Angard will probably just ignore the ruling unless further tribunals are brought, most people will be unaware that there has been any kind of ruling against Angard/RM. If Angard did decide to comply with the ruling they'd just lower the hourly rate. The EAT acknowledged the higher hourly rate meant there was no financial loss by getting less/shorter breaks.

It's three weeks since I was told by Angard they were waiting for RM to OK the planned back pay payout. Anybody else heard anything regarding an actual date?
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Backdated pay for Angard

Post by Lockardian »

Sweet FA. At the very least we should be told what is causing the delay.
dancingqueen

Backdated pay for Angard

Post by dancingqueen »

I have emailed Angard 3x over this issue and they will not reply to me. I must have hit a nerve !

I have now emailed someone Senior at RM.
Bazza01

Backdated pay for Angard

Post by Bazza01 »

The Latest is that Angard and Royal Mail are sorting things today and everyone should hear soon. I think that they are also discussing the Tribunal case that they lost which may be the reason for the long delay.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Backdated pay for Angard

Post by Lockardian »

I’m wondering if they are considering reducing the Angard rate of pay but paying us for breaks instead? So still a rise but not as much? Evidently they are planning something.