ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

christmas casual work

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
asassi88@yahoo.ca

christmas casual work

Post by asassi88@yahoo.ca »

hi
I applied for christmas casual work and was asked to proceed to the next stage which is providing proof of documents. I moved house on 05 sept 2020 so my drivers licence and p45 are for my old address. I don't want to jeopardize the job by giving wrong information. I have applied for a change of address on my licence but it will take at least 2 weeks for a new one, and i'm not sure what to do about the p45. I have searched for an email address to contact someone but could not find anything. I am desperate for a job! can you please advise me on this?
thank you in advance
sascha

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

New starter email attachments vetting check list

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

If you explain the reasons for the different addresses I think it will be okay.

However, your driving licence will need to be up to date if you are driving for Royal Mail so do your best to make sure it is.

As to the P45 as long the address was accurate at the time of issuing and the details (NI number etc) match your other documents I don't think it will be an issue.

However, to make sure you could try emailing myapplication@royalmail.com - that was a working email last year.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired
asassi88@yahoo.ca

New starter email attachments vetting check list

Post by asassi88@yahoo.ca »

thank you so much!!
dodado

christmas casual work

Post by dodado »

livewirer

christmas casual work

Post by livewirer »

The other day I received an email with a Christmas Casual Offer Letter.
The shift offered was not either of my 2 preferences (FULL hours Nights or Lates)
I have been offered 17:30 - 21:30 Monday to Friday

My first preference was to work NIGHTS (22:00 – 06:00 Core hours / Last year was 23:00 - 06:30) which I have done as a Christmas Casual for the past 11 years.
This year all the application was online, documentation checked and verified at a Post Office with NO face to face Mail Centre interview where your documents were checked and if successful selected a shift of your choice and came home with a physical Christmas Casual Offer Letter.

As a previous Christmas Casual and was given some advance notice to apply and i responded immediately to apply for a Christmas Role and successfully submitted my Royal Mail Application (Aug 28) that day. I actioned the Post Office branch verification check at the earliest time possible (Sept 4) and then waited for the offer of shifts. I could not have done this any quicker if I wanted to.

I find it hard to believe that Royal Mail (Dorset) are not intending to use Christmas Casuals on Nights for 2020?

Can anyone tell me if COVID work practices have affected things and the way Christmas Casual are being taken on and the hours / shifts being offered to them?

You are only left in the predicament of either ACCEPTING the offer, DECLINE the offer (but what would happen next?) or to completely withdraw your application.
I have emailed christmas_helpline@royalmail.com and waiting a response.
I would of thought that the Mail Centre could of phoned you in person regarding the shift they wanted you to do as they must have determined the shifts they want and the number of Christmas Casuals they need.

What are other people's experience of applying and did you or did you not get your shift preferences that you selected in the online application process.
vish07

christmas casual work

Post by vish07 »

This is the 2nd year I've applied for a xmas temp position, last year I did not receive a response at all.

As for this year, I dropped an application on the 14th Sept and surprise surprise still no response yet so far the status of my application currently reads as thank you for your application as for some of you guys might be wanting a response via email, talking from experience you'll never receive a definitive response you'll most likely get an automated one instead.
livewirer

christmas casual work

Post by livewirer »

vish07 wrote:This is the 2nd year I've applied for a xmas temp position, last year I did not receive a response at all.

As for this year, I dropped an application on the 14th Sept and surprise surprise still no response yet so far the status of my application currently reads as thank you for your application as for some of you guys might be wanting a response via email, talking from experience you'll never receive a definitive response you'll most likely get an automated one instead.
Yes received the auto message response but does not answer the questions I raised with them.
It could of explained what the next step might be if you Decline the initial shift hours offer.
As the Mail Centres managers will have determined their shifts patterns / hours and number of casuals required you would have thought a human out of courtesy could of phoned you about the job offer and shifts available. No response now in 2 days.
livewirer

christmas casual work

Post by livewirer »

livewirer wrote:
You are only left in the predicament of either ACCEPTING the offer, DECLINE the offer (but what would happen next?) or to completely withdraw your application.
:d'oh!

No response from the helpline in over 3 days! Left with little choice, disappointed.
* Update * After over 3 days this response: I have referred your email to our flexible resourcing team, and they will be in touch with answers to the questions
Hubert

christmas casual work

Post by Hubert »

As a previous Christmas Temp, I managed to apply early only to be offered a shift that wasn't even on the application.
I find it hard to believe that Royal Mail (Dorset) are not intending to use Christmas Casuals on Nights for 2020?
Royal Mail are still accepting applications at this location, so how they are allocating the shifts is anybody's guess.

People may think we are being picky but when people apply for Christmas work, they very often have to fit it around family/other job commitments. In addition, Royal Mail won't let us use their car parks, so if you are reliant on public transport and they offer you a shift when the busses/trains aren't running, you're stuffed.
I would of thought that the Mail Centre could of phoned you in person regarding the shift they wanted you to do as they must have determined the shifts they want and the number of Christmas Casuals they need.

They may well regret not doing somthing like that if not by phone then by email. I can see them becoming inundated with complaints from people who can't attend because they haven't been given their preferred shift despite applying early and the whole thing descending into chaos.
vish07

christmas casual work

Post by vish07 »

livewirer wrote:
livewirer wrote:
:d'oh!

No response from the helpline in over 3 days! Left with little choice, disappointed.
* Update * After over 3 days this response: I have referred your email to our flexible resourcing team, and they will be in touch with answers to the questions

Got anywhere with the flexible resourcing team yet? I myself haven't received an update since I applied on the 14th of September.
corinak

christmas casual work

Post by corinak »

Hi,

Here's the number to call them directly:-
Tel - 0333 240 8502 - Option 3
8am - 6pm Monday to Friday
potentialPostmanD

christmas casual work

Post by potentialPostmanD »

Hi Everyone,

I signed up at the beginning of the month through Royal Mail's website to be a Christmas Casual for this year.

I haven't see any jobs being advertised in my area. All I have seen so far being advertised is for Cities/ Big Towns and Distribution Center's.

Does anyone know when there's christmas casual Jobs/Positions come up for smaller towns?

Or have they already be allocated to people?
tabact

christmas casual work

Post by tabact »

potentialPostmanD wrote:Hi Everyone,

I signed up at the beginning of the month through Royal Mail's website to be a Christmas Casual for this year.

I haven't see any jobs being advertised in my area. All I have seen so far being advertised is for Cities/ Big Towns and Distribution Center's.

Does anyone know when there's christmas casual Jobs/Positions come up for smaller towns?

Positions will normally only be at what's currently advertised on the RM jobs site.
potentialPostmanD

christmas casual work

Post by potentialPostmanD »

tabact wrote:
potentialPostmanD wrote:Hi Everyone,

Positions will normally only be at what's currently advertised on the RM jobs site.
OK Thanks.
Hubert

christmas casual work

Post by Hubert »

@potentialPostmanD RM are adding and relisting a lot of locations atm, so keep a look out for one in your area.