ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas Casual Work

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
paddlesnap419

Christmas Casual Work

Post by paddlesnap419 »

Hello everyone

I am new here and have received an offer from the Cardiff Mail Centre to start work as a Christmas Casual, working lates Mon-Sat. I'm a student and I'm applying for postgraduate study next year, and I've just received an interview date for one of the universities I'm applying to, which falls within the time I'm supposed to be working. I mentioned that this might be a possibility at the registration event (I hadn't heard from the university when I got offered the job) and the consensus seemed to be that one day off for this purpose would be fine, as long as it was just the one day and I told them as soon as possible.
I contacted the Christmas Helpline to inform them and they said I should discuss with my line manager on the first day, however I'd rather know sooner rather than later whether RM will let me have this one day off, because if not I will have to look at rescheduling the interview. Would anyone know of any way to get in contact with the Cardiff Mail Centre to let them know about this?

Many thanks for your help!

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Christmas Casual Work

Post by POSTMAN »

Doing it now is pointless, they won't make a note of anything or be able to give you a proper answer.
When you start inform them then, and just refuse a shift for the day you need off letting them know why and you should be fine.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.