ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Please advise me

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
edenam

Please advise me

Post by edenam »

Hi,

I have been reading forum's posts and have come to conclusion that Angard staffing is unpredictable and disappointing. In view of many negative impressions, I would like your to have guidance please.

I have been waiting for induction session for more than a month now, needless to mention how much I awaited for the whole process before that to come to this point. Few days back out of frustration, I called Angard and after hundreds of calls finally when I managed to talk to someone, I was told to remain patient! There has been no results since then.

It's Christmas time soon and like everyone I also want to do something for my family. Today I found out that Royal Mail is hiring for Christmas casual. I straight away applied but when I arrived at 'Are you currently hired by Angard' I was stuck. With lots of thinking and staring at my Angard's meaningless hollow status 'Hired and start date agreed' I ticked 'No'. Practically I don't know if I am hired or when I will be called for induction if any while this status just keep spitting at my face.

Cutting short now I am invited for an interview session by Royal Mail. Now please advise me what should I do.

Shall I tell them that I am just hired with no further explanation of when is gonna be my induction etc? Or remain quite?
Say, I don't tell them about Angard and everything goes fine and I start working, what if out of nowhere Angard calls me for induction?
Shall I just resign from Angard or tell the interviewer that as there is no certainty with Angard, I am resigning now and want to continue with Christmas casual?
Or what should I do?

Please advise me. I am really confused.
Many thanks
-ed

uklad2

Please advise me

Post by uklad2 »

I would stick with angard, been a royal mail xmas casual you will only get 3 to 4 weeks work, with angard you will get more work.
edenam

Please advise me

Post by edenam »

Thank you, I agree. But to date there is no call, no signs of Angard's existence. This is really frustrating when you wait for more than three months with no outcome. You always need money but what's the need of that money that won't help you when in need. I still have some days to go before my interview. So undecided...
nothingatthemoment

Please advise me

Post by nothingatthemoment »

:thumbup
Last edited by nothingatthemoment on 26 May 2017, 22:51, edited 2 times in total.
edenam

Please advise me

Post by edenam »

Thank you very much. I read your post in the morning and since then I have been ringing Angard but to no avail. My Christmas casual interview date with RM is approaching now and I just don't want to be in some weird situation of having my legs in two boats and then on top I will come out to be the one 'breaching' terms and conditions. This is all so depressing and disgusting....

But thank you for your valuable advise. I think I have no option other than keep on calling Angard. :mad