ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

angard staffing and pay rates

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
keithposty

angard staffing and pay rates

Post by keithposty »

just running this past the forum

some of you may realise the the agency workers directive is now uk law, it stipulates that any agency worker has to have the same pay rate as a regular employee.

the downside is that there is a 12 week qualifying period before equal pay kicks in, but i

BELIEVE NOT IN THIS CASE

as angard is run by royal mail, etc, etc

just being on angards books (royal mail) for longer than 12 weeks should be enough

not just doing 12 weeks continious work on the same appointment

this is just a ruse to pay agency workers slave rates and i am not having any of that, they do the same job, same pay

comments people

fishtank

Re: angard staffing and pay rates

Post by fishtank »

There is still confusion over whether Angard or even Reed will or can be used as an umbrella company.

Under this model, agency workers cannot claim their rights for equal pay if they are permanently employed by the umbrella company. This also means that the umbrella must pay the contractor between assignments.

Other conditions include:

- The permanent contract between umbrella and contractor must have been formed before placement on the first assignment.

- The employer is obliged to find future work for the contractor.

- Contractors must be paid a minimum amount between assignments, which is at least 50% of their basic pay while on contract (and must not be less than the National Minimum Wage).

Personally i think the Christmas temps will be used as Agency Workers until the 12 weeks is up then let go.
Whether Angard or Reed retain a pool of "permanent casuals" after that under the Swedish Derogation...who knows?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
daveyeff

Post by daveyeff »

the 'umbrella company',,,,,is that not the name of the company in the film 'resident evil' where all the workers are turned into zombies??? :Very Happy
daveyeff

Post by daveyeff »

,,,,,,,,,,,on 5.95 an hour.
keithposty

Post by keithposty »

has anybody got a

COMPANY REGISTRATION NUMBER FOR ANGARD

IT WILL BE AT THE BOTTOM OF ANY CORRESSPONDANTS FROM ANGARD
keithposty

Post by keithposty »

well done my digging

100 victoria embankment

so angard is royal mail

so haw can they get around the agency workers directive
fishtank

Post by fishtank »

They are Royal Mail...and they aren't.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =0#p399314" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
keithposty

Post by keithposty »

thanks for the link

its about time i got my teeth into something

now has anybody out there

GOT A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT FROM THIS ANGARD

its a legal requirement within the 12 week period
fishtank

Post by fishtank »

keithposty wrote: GOT A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT FROM THIS ANGARD

its a legal requirement within the 12 week period
No but got some of the nastier details for you..
I have just received my contract today, its a zero hour one, no mention of any hourly rate or salary with a rather nice clause thrown in for good measure

.3 Termination of Employment
.3.1 Your employment under this statement shall commence on the Commencement Date and shall continue, until it automatically terminates without the need for notice after 50 weeks’ employment unless previously terminated
Ohh...and emailed Dave who thinks it's outrageous and promised to bring it up at the next meeting. :neutral:
keithposty

Post by keithposty »

well then

that is an unlawful contract of employment for a start, but as stated,
if you work less than 12 months service you are stuffed on worker protection

but the contract is still bovine excrament (bull s--t)

any body got a contract in the flesh please let me know as i will send it to ACAS with personal details removed

many thanks
keithposty

Post by keithposty »

EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT MUST INCLUDE

What written details must be given

The written statement must include by law:

the names of you and your employer
the date you started work
the amount of pay and how often you will be paid, for example, weekly or monthly
the hours of work
your holiday entitlement, including how many days off you are entitled to and what your holiday pay will be, if any
how much warning (notice) you are entitled to if you are dismissed and how much warning you must give the employer if you want to leave the job
the title of the job
where the job is based, for example, whether you will have to work in more than one location
what the disciplinary, dismissal and grievance procedures are in the workplace
what sick pay you are entitled to
whether you can join the employer’s occupational pension scheme, if there is one.
keithposty

Post by keithposty »

I STILL CANT GET MY LOGICAL BRAIN BEHIND THIS

1/angard is a royal mail group company
2/the agency workers directive still applies as angard is not an external agency (3rd party) as it is registered at a royal mail company address
3/ as soon as you have passed the 12 week mark you have protection under the agency workers directive being you are employed directly by a royal mail company with a royal mail pay slip

dress it up how you like

this smells big , what next

50/50 split of the work force

we need a definitive answer on this
markadam1962

Post by markadam1962 »

fishtank wrote: Personally i think the Christmas temps will be used as Agency Workers until the 12 weeks is up then let go.
Whether Angard or Reed retain a pool of "permanent casuals" after that under the Swedish Derogation...who knows?
What a muddle! Are existing Angard Casuals aware that to guarantee Christmas work you should APPLY for posts at your MC/DO? :shock: Yes you need to apply online supply the same bundle of documents, attend an interview, be security checked etc etc TO DO YOUR JOB which you should have already been guaranteed having been employed by bloody Angard in the first place. :arrrghhh

Regarding being "Kept on" after Christmas, well I was last Christmas..still working...just. I guess I might go back to being one of Angards "lost" casuals after Christmas!!
keithposty

Post by keithposty »

another question

do angard charge for vetting by the criminal records office

the reason i ask is that royal mail have an exemption to do these checks
FUDGEBIRD2009

Post by FUDGEBIRD2009 »

Still waiting for a Contract to be sent by Angard. Everytime I speak to someone about it, they say that it will be posted.

I applied for the Xmas position as a back-up as don't know where I stand jobwise at the moment with only getting 4hrs work once every 2 weeks and having no contract.