ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday balance

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
gurpbarnes6

Holiday balance

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

Hi - we were advised 1 week max holiday can be carried forward from 23-24 financial year into 24-25. Has anyone experienced their balance not carried forward, hence resetting to zero?

I have e-mailed holiday team / payroll in the interim.

TobysPaw

Re: Holiday balance

Post by TobysPaw »

Yeah mine is 0 now.

I had 1.15 weeks, I was expecting to lose the 0.15 and be credited with a week for the reset. Hasn’t happened.

Would be great if you can update with the general gist of their reply (if any). It’s annoying but not sure I’ve got the willpower to battle them over it.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

gurpbarnes6 wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 00:01
Hi - we were advised 1 week max holiday can be carried forward from 23-24 financial year into 24-25. Has anyone experienced their balance not carried forward, hence resetting to zero?

I have e-mailed holiday team / payroll in the interim.
Are you surprised? It happened to me before, a small discrepancy, gave up in the end,
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

TobysPaw wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 11:11
Yeah mine is 0 now.

I had 1.15 weeks, I was expecting to lose the 0.15 and be credited with a week for the reset. Hasn’t happened.

Would be great if you can update with the general gist of their reply (if any). It’s annoying but not sure I’ve got the willpower to battle them over it.
Exactly what they are hoping for me thinks!
TobysPaw

Post by TobysPaw »

Yeah I wouldn’t disagree with you about that. Reality is for me at least the lost ‘week’ only equates to around 1 day due to how infrequently I work for Angard, and a 3.5 hour day at that. If gurpbarnes6 comes back and says a quick email is all it took then I’ll drop them a line, but a protracted back and forth is more of a headache than it’s worth for the amount I’m owed.

I’ll just make sure I use it all next time.
gurpbarnes6

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

Will update you with their response on here when I hear.

I did get a response regarding my other query - how much hours equates to a a full day holiday which they stated:
"Hello,

Thank you for your email,

Holiday is not paid in hours, Holiday is paid out in days/weeks. This figure will be dirived from your average earnings.

So still unsure quantifies as a full day or even half day!
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Any updates or advanace on this problem?
gurpbarnes6

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

Still awaiting response.

Will have to resend email if not heard end of the week.

Payroll tend to sometimes blank emails.
TobysPaw

Post by TobysPaw »

I can’t even see the Holiday section on JoinedUp anymore. Not sure if it’s just my account.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

gurpbarnes6 wrote:
09 Apr 2024, 15:22
Still awaiting response.

Will have to resend email if not heard end of the week.

Payroll tend to sometimes blank emails.
Blanking emails seems to be the policy.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

TobysPaw wrote:
09 Apr 2024, 19:21
I can’t even see the Holiday section on JoinedUp anymore. Not sure if it’s just my account.
No same here. I thought it was my account but obviously not. Anyone else?
gurpbarnes6

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

TobysPaw wrote:
09 Apr 2024, 19:21
Just logged in to JU under my profile it seems 'Holiday' section is removed. I came on this chat to see if anyone has commented and hey presto I am not the only one!!
gurpbarnes6

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

1. Holiday section is now appearing on JU. It doesn't reflect any balance still from 23-24 carries forward still.

2. Still awaiting response from payroll and was writing e-mail again to them just before posting this but paused. However, strange thing when I checked the balance for last year it now shows different to the balance I e-mailed them last week. See attachment. This means instead of 0.62 weeks, 0.76 weeks to be carried forward. Has anyone else noticed the change in holiday due in the last week approx?
IMG_20240410_214103.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

:shock:
gurpbarnes6 wrote:
10 Apr 2024, 21:45
1. Holiday section is now appearing on JU. It doesn't reflect any balance still from 23-24 carries forward still.

2. Still awaiting response from payroll and was writing e-mail again to them just before posting this but paused. However, strange thing when I checked the balance for last year it now shows different to the balance I e-mailed them last week. See attachment. This means instead of 0.62 weeks, 0.76 weeks to be carried forward. Has anyone else noticed the change in holiday due in the last week approx?

IMG_20240410_214103.jpg
From the few people i have spoken to all have had the same problem. They dont seem bothered probably due to the amount of shifts worked during this period. :shock:
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

This year as per i will take mine as they hit half a day on days I dont work.