ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Angard Crawley - How many Saturdays/Sundays worked?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Dave360

Angard Crawley - How many Saturdays/Sundays worked?

Post by Dave360 »

Hi. Simple question, sorry if it is answered already somewhere... how many Saturdays and Sundays do you have to work at the big sorting office at Crawley/Gatwick?
Is it 6 out of 7?
I got the idea from somewhere that you work 5 days out of 7 but it isn't just Monday to Friday, with the weekend off, your two days off change continually between Monday to Sunday from one week to the next.... is that right please?

TobysPaw

Re: Angard Crawley - How many Saturdays/Sundays worked?

Post by TobysPaw »

What do you mean by ‘have to work’?

That’s my MC and at the moment I’m only doing about one shift per month just to maintain AWR 12-week status.
Dave360

Post by Dave360 »

Thanks TobysPaw... by "have to work" ... I mean most jobs I've done in my life are 9-5 Monday to Friday, I have the weekends free for doing stuff with friends and family. But I got the idea somehow that with Angard at the big Crawley/Gatwick sorting office it isn't open Monday to Friday, it's open every day of the week so you are working equally across Monday to Sunday, like 3 weekends out of 4?
But you manage to only work 1 weekends shift a month? Is weekends working optional then, ir just fewer people in on a weejend do you don'thave to do it often?
Many thanks...
MailSorter10

Post by MailSorter10 »

You choose, when to work. If you don't want to work on weekend, just make yourself unavailable in JoinedUp and you won't get shifts assigned. There's always someone else happy to work on weekend.