ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is it likely my contract will be extended?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
hy2k

Is it likely my contract will be extended?

Post by hy2k »

I’ve wanted to join Royal Mail for a few years now, and I started as a Xmas sorter last year, the contract ended and I told the managers if they ever needed people on foot to do the post (I don’t drive yet but I’m starting lessons this week) or any prep/sorting that I’d be happy to do it, I then got a six week contract on trolley duty which is due to end on Monday, however they told me they’ve requested an extension as they want to keep me and a couple of the other agency drivers on. I’ve been keen to get across that I want to join the company directly eventually and that I’m learning to drive in order to do so. Is it likely my contract will be extended? This is by far the best job I’ve had and I’d be gutted to lose it. My sorting office is struggling a lot if that makes any difference.

guardianangel

Re: Is it likely my contract will be extended?

Post by guardianangel »

Got to be a manager.
Sean06

Post by Sean06 »

guardianangel wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 09:09
Got to be a manager.
WHY because they like the job.
Sean06

Post by Sean06 »

hy2k wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 03:20
I’ve wanted to join Royal Mail for a few years now, and I started as a Xmas sorter last year, the contract ended and I told the managers if they ever needed people on foot to do the post (I don’t drive yet but I’m starting lessons this week) or any prep/sorting that I’d be happy to do it, I then got a six week contract on trolley duty which is due to end on Monday, however they told me they’ve requested an extension as they want to keep me and a couple of the other agency drivers on. I’ve been keen to get across that I want to join the company directly eventually and that I’m learning to drive in order to do so. Is it likely my contract will be extended? This is by far the best job I’ve had and I’d be gutted to lose it. My sorting office is struggling a lot if that makes any difference.
Be very surprised if its not extended good luck.
TobysPaw

Post by TobysPaw »

Good luck mate

I worked at a sorting office for a week or two earlier in the year (through Angard) and enjoyed it (unlike the MC where I rarely take shifts anymore). Shame there’s not more opportunities to do that for a bit of variety.