ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Angard complaint

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
TobysPaw

Re: Angard complaint

Post by TobysPaw »

A day or two before? My MC there are shifts available but at most you get 2-3 hours notice. It's not uncommon (in fact it's standard) to get an email at around 17:00 for an 18:30 shift, and sometimes even less notice than that.

You're right though that having a lot of 'availability' in JoinedUp seems to do precisely nothing.

gurpbarnes6

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

It's not even a few hours I'm referring to. I've seen sometimes a day or two before angard sends e-mails with shifts which makes no sense as people like me have put availablity down why not book them in first then as a last send emergency shifts. I asked this question to Angard and they said sometimes other consultants are managing the site so they don't know the availablity of the staff or something like that which makes no sense.
TobysPaw

Post by TobysPaw »

Yeah I agree, it would be more logical to book those people in first who have said they’re available and then depending on how many of those confirm, only then send emails to the rest of the agency to fill the remaining gaps (if any).

Only point I was making was that while I agree with your comments, I never even get the luxury of an email the day before.
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

Why would anyone want to work for an agency,get a job and dont be their bitch.i'd rather sleep in a tent than work for those lot.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

guardianangel wrote:
23 Dec 2023, 08:27
Why would anyone want to work for an agency,get a job and dont be their bitch.i'd rather sleep in a tent than work for those lot.
Why? Picking and choosing shifts. Using it for extra dosh. Ain't nobodys bitch. Carry On Camping braheem! :nana
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

TobysPaw wrote:
20 Dec 2023, 22:30
Yeah I agree, it would be more logical to book those people in first who have said they’re available and then depending on how many of those confirm, only then send emails to the rest of the agency to fill the remaining gaps (if any).

Only point I was making was that while I agree with your comments, I never even get the luxury of an email the day before.
It has certainly got a bit strange. There are a lot of shifts sent outside of the Joined up availability. Putting availability up seems to me a waste of time.
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

Warbo wrote:
23 Dec 2023, 12:06
guardianangel wrote:
23 Dec 2023, 08:27
Why? Picking and choosing shifts. Using it for extra dosh. Ain't nobodys bitch. Carry On Camping braheem! :nana
WHATEVER !! :crazy: :roll: :d'oh! :funneh :chuckle :wave
2chorizon

Post by 2chorizon »

Warbo wrote:
23 Dec 2023, 12:14
TobysPaw wrote:

It has certainly got a bit strange. There are a lot of shifts sent outside of the Joined up availability. Putting availability up seems to me a waste of time.
It is because it is corrupt, and they are actively in on it.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

2chorizon wrote:
26 Dec 2023, 14:44
Warbo wrote:
TobysPaw wrote:

Who are "they" and what do "they" gain?
2chorizon

Post by 2chorizon »

Warbo wrote:
26 Dec 2023, 17:06
2chorizon wrote:
Warbo wrote:
TobysPaw wrote:

“They” (angard personnel officers) do exactly as they are told by the RM agent who puts the labour request in for their site.
If they get told to send 15 casuals all with the same surname they will do it.
They get to stay in business and keep creaming off the agency percentage, and they don’t rock the boat.
Cash or Gifts may even change hands or just plain racial bias.
I worked for them for 6 months and i’ve seen it all from the plant ordering end where i work.

The difficulty is in proving it, the CWU have tried to tackle it and been met with a wall of silence everytime.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

2chorizon wrote:
26 Dec 2023, 17:12
Warbo wrote:
2chorizon wrote:
Warbo wrote:
TobysPaw wrote:

“They” (angard personnel officers) do exactly as they are told by the RM agent who puts the labour request in for their site.
They get to stay in business and keep creaming off the agency percentage, and they don’t rock the boat.
I worked for them for 6 months and i’ve seen it all from the plant ordering end where i work.

The difficulty is in proving it, the CWU have tried to tackle it and been met with a wall of silence everytime.
So Angard as a "seperate" company are doing their job as in sending casual zero hour contract agency workers on assignments and making profit from that.
Why would they contemplate rocking the boat?
Cash or Gifts and racial bias is a very bold statement.
6 months eh! I have dipped in and out for years longer than that.
I hear constantly the same comment about not getting the right shift. My advice is get a full time contract where hours are guaranteed.
Do you think the CWU want agency staff used?
2chorizon

Post by 2chorizon »

Warbo wrote:
26 Dec 2023, 17:40
2chorizon wrote:
26 Dec 2023, 17:12
Warbo wrote:
2chorizon wrote:
Warbo wrote:
TobysPaw wrote:

So Angard as a "seperate" company are doing their job as in sending casual zero hour contract agency workers on assignments and making profit from that.
Why would they contemplate rocking the boat?
Cash or Gifts and racial bias is a very bold statement.
6 months eh! I have dipped in and out for years longer than that.
I hear constantly the same comment about not getting the right shift. My advice is get a full time contract where hours are guaranteed.
Do you think the CWU want agency staff used?
I have seen several times a list of British names crossed out and shifts cancelled, and replaced with a list of 15 people all with the same surname.
We had them cancelled and the original group rebooked.

It goes on, you can deny it if you want.
If you are in a backwater MC somewhere down the west country or scotland you probably wont encounter it.
gurpbarnes6

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

Though RM say they have their own agency (Angard) they still use Reed Global. If they stop outsourcing this god knows how much money they would save i.e. use their own HR to manage Angard. Does anyone know how much cut Reed get and is it per person booked and per hour?
N|M
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by N|M »

gurpbarnes6 wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 00:55
Though RM say they have their own agency (Angard) they still use Reed Global. If they stop outsourcing this god knows how much money they would save i.e. use their own HR to manage Angard. Does anyone know how much cut Reed get and is it per person booked and per hour?
Id say the mark up is around 10 - 20% per hour so if the angard person is getting paid £16ph angard is charging RM around £20ph and the fact angard is almost an inhouse agency for RM, RM will get a cut of it somewhere along the lines. Think somewhere along the lines it was a director of RM that set up angard.
gurpbarnes6

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

Interesting.

Why would RM get a cut if they own and manage Angard? Subcontracting things ends up wasting money and the quality goes down hill. Same principles apply with council subcontracting.