ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Angard complaint

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Gurpreetsmith

Angard complaint

Post by Gurpreetsmith »

Hi, how do you get to speak to a manager in Angard as nobody is willing to share or let me speak to someone and no response received via the angard.employee@reedglobal.com inbox regarding a complaint for shifts.

Thanks in advance

Gurpreet

N|M
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Angard complaint

Post by N|M »

If this is regarding lack of shifts you will be told your agency and only needed when needed.

But if its regarding an issue on shift or a shift you worked then it normally falls to the shift manager of the shift you worked.
gurpbarnes6

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

Hi. Well under 3 weeks I have not been getting shifts for some reason. I have e-mailed Angard but including the team leader but no response. How do I escalate above? I think it may be because my profile is showing as needs validation which I was told by a consultant it's fixed.

Secondly, I don't understand how they allocate shifts. I mean I put my availablity down in advance likes weeks ahead and they don't book me but they send email two days ahead to all they have shifts and to reply back. So why not book the people are available first then send out emails if it's not filled?
N|M
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by N|M »

The way they used to allocate shifts where i was based, you had to put your availability down just as you said you have, but near the end they started to shift towards email based shifts, then a mix of both :arrrghhh

As to contacting them check if you have any numbers you can call to confirm that your profile is no longer under "needs validation" also angard used to take there sweet time to get back to you.

Side note - there also could be 0 shifts at the mail center your down for, Nights as normally the most available.
2chorizon

Post by 2chorizon »

gurpbarnes6 wrote:
07 Nov 2023, 18:49
Hi. Well under 3 weeks I have not been getting shifts for some reason. I have e-mailed Angard but including the team leader but no response. How do I escalate above? I think it may be because my profile is showing as needs validation which I was told by a consultant it's fixed.

Secondly, I don't understand how they allocate shifts. I mean I put my availablity down in advance likes weeks ahead and they don't book me but they send email two days ahead to all they have shifts and to reply back. So why not book the people are available first then send out emails if it's not filled?
Sadly, it can come down to race & favourtism, in certain Mail Centre's they run clandestine "Fast lists" where the same angard staff will get called in every night,
This is usually the result of someome getting a foothold in the bookroom and hands on the early evening ordering of casuals from angard, they then proceed to call in all the same race, family & friends.

Depending on where you are in the UK you may or may not encounter this, but i can tell you it is very real. If the MC you want to work at engages in this then you may never get a shift or very rarely.

We also suspect one or more contacts has been installed at Angard head office (Reed Global) who are complicit in this.
Devont

Post by Devont »

This . Once they find the family and friends are as useless as the long serving Royal mailer who got them in you will then get shifts and plenty of them.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

gurpbarnes6 wrote:

There is a grievance policy on the web site and suggests telephone call and emailing.
It is better to put it in writing and send signed for.
The Acas site has a Grievance letter template.
Acas are impartial industry recognised.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

2chorizon wrote:
13 Nov 2023, 14:14
gurpbarnes6 wrote:

Sadly, it can come down to race & favourtism, in certain Mail Centre's they run clandestine "Fast lists" where the same angard staff will get called in every night,
This is usually the result of someome getting a foothold in the bookroom and hands on the early evening ordering of casuals from angard, they then proceed to call in all the same race, family & friends.

Depending on where you are in the UK you may or may not encounter this, but i can tell you it is very real. If the MC you want to work at engages in this then you may never get a shift or very rarely.

We also suspect one or more contacts has been installed at Angard head office (Reed Global) who are complicit in this.
Fast lists, thats a new one! It will be full of the three Fs. Family,Friends and Favourites. The first two are obvious and the last one, come in early, work your breaks, stay late and make sure managers have you on speed dial.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Devont wrote:
13 Nov 2023, 18:19
This . Once they find the family and friends are as useless as the long serving Royal mailer who got them in you will then get shifts and plenty of them.
You will be waiting a long time!
PDAHappy

Post by PDAHappy »

It’s not unusual not to get shifts when the Xmas Casuals come into the MC.This week I have NO shifts allocated and have to reply to the emails offering shifts within seconds (and I mean seconds) to get a shift.Once the Xmas Casuals realise they’re expected to work every night until Xmas they normally fall by the wayside and the shifts start to appear again.I also believe that Angard have more new recruits as we’ve had a few new Angard faces appear.But they’re also unlikely to stay once they realise they’re aren’t many shifts about at the moment and what the work consists of.Last week we had a new Angard recruit want to go home at 03:00 am “because they were tired.
highbury67
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by highbury67 »

That maybe so, but where I am, there are still a few regular casuals getting 4 or so days a week of shifts.
N|M
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by N|M »

Martin Walsh said in his election address he will get rid of ALL agency (point 3 in his address to be elected) so angard in his eyes will be not needed.

Not sure if this is even possible but will be interesting to watch how he try's to impermanent it into the workforce.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

N|M wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 03:40
Martin Walsh said in his election address he will get rid of ALL agency (point 3 in his address to be elected) so angard in his eyes will be not needed.

Not sure if this is even possible but will be interesting to watch how he try's to impermanent it into the workforce.
Will never happen, if anything I think there will be even more agency over the next few years
PDAHappy

Post by PDAHappy »

I agree.The likelihood is that more Agency will be used as they are the ultimate flexible workforce and be brought in to the MC with only a couple of hours notice or cancelled just as easily if the workload isn’t there.
gurpbarnes6

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

Thanks all.

Update: as it seems I altered my name this results in my profile needs "validating' which was finally done jot so long after posting this. Having rung turn the call went to to India as some calls are diverted there and we're useless. Had to call again second time immediately after and spoke to UK advisor who checked and said my profile is now sorted which having checked JU it wasn't after I spoke. Had to e-mail team leader Mikolas who was useless - didn't respond to my e-mails. Last option was e-mailed the angard.employee@reedglobal.com and finally someone sorted my profile turning it into complete.

I still don't understand why sometimes when you're available for shifts having put downtime available they sending e-mails a day or two before hand saying there are shifts when those clearly can book those who are already available.