ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Fridayy Night Shift Induction

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
dean_b

Fridayy Night Shift Induction

Post by dean_b »

Hi, all.

Got an induction tonight from 11pm to 6am. I found this to be a bit odd, being Friday night and 7 hours long. I have worked a few shifts at RM a few years ago now and I'm sure it was only a 2 hour induction the last time.
I rang up Angard and they assured me that it wasn't an error.

Has anybody else had an induction this long before and on a night shift?
Could anybody tell me what is even going to be involved?

TIA

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Fridayy Night Shift Induction

Post by SpacePhoenix »

dean_b wrote:
13 Oct 2023, 17:52
Hi, all.

Got an induction tonight from 11pm to 6am. I found this to be a bit odd, being Friday night and 7 hours long. I have worked a few shifts at RM a few years ago now and I'm sure it was only a 2 hour induction the last time.

TIA
Sounds like you'll be working the shift once the induction stuff is over. I'm guessing that you're down to do night shift
2chorizon

Post by 2chorizon »

dean_b wrote:
Hi, all.

TIA
What is the issue with friday night? Were you expecting to get home after a couple of hours to enjoy your saturday daytime instead of having to sleep?

If your lucky they won't be busy that night and will send you home after completing the induction.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

2chorizon wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 11:59
dean_b wrote:
Hi, all.

TIA
What is the issue with friday night? Were you expecting to get home after a couple of hours to enjoy your saturday daytime instead of having to sleep?

If your lucky they won't be busy that night and will send you home after completing the induction.
No need.
2chorizon

Post by 2chorizon »

Warbo wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 16:52
2chorizon wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 11:59
dean_b wrote:
Hi, all.

TIA

No need.