ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

same back pay

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
dodado

same back pay

Post by dodado »

will Angard staff get the back pay & lump sum?

tabact

Re: same back pay

Post by tabact »

You'll get the hourly rate increase. The lump sums are calculated on contracted hours which in Angard's case are zero.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

We normally get back pay which is a pay adjustment from the effective date of the rate change. I’m not familiar with the details of this latest pay increase though.
pleb

Post by pleb »

My contract says angard are obliged to give us minimum four hours per shift. Last night, five pm start, finished at five to nine. Pay calculator in joined up has logged that, ie deducted five minutes pay from four hours.
I hear they did it last week on a day I wasn't in.
tabact

Post by tabact »

A standard Angard contract issued up to 2021 states that there is no minimum hours of work. It may have changed since then, I don't know.

10. Hours of Work
10.1 You have no normal hours of work, and your hours will vary according to the needs of Angard
and the availability of work during an Engagement. You may be offered work on any day of the
week (Monday – Sunday) and work may be offered at any time of the day (between the hours of
00:00 – 23:59).
10.2 Angard is under no obligation to provide you with work, or to provide you with a minimum
number of hours work each day or week
and you are not obliged to accept any work that is
offered. For the avoidance of doubt, this may result in there being days during your employment
or during an Engagement where there will be no work for you to perform.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

tabact wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 08:23
A standard Angard contract issued up to 2021 states that there is no minimum hours of work. It may have changed since then, I don't know.

10. Hours of Work
10.1 You have no normal hours of work, and your hours will vary according to the needs of Angard
and the availability of work during an Engagement. You may be offered work on any day of the
week (Monday – Sunday) and work may be offered at any time of the day (between the hours of
00:00 – 23:59).
10.2 Angard is under no obligation to provide you with work, or to provide you with a minimum
number of hours work each day or week
and you are not obliged to accept any work that is
offered. For the avoidance of doubt, this may result in there being days during your employment
or during an Engagement where there will be no work for you to perform.
How does that fit with the assigned shift which has a start and finish time? Also time sheet is signed for the allocated shift hours.
To the o/p hope you took your agreed break for the shift!
tabact

Post by tabact »

pleb stated his contract says angard are obliged to give us minimum four hours per shift. I was only pointing out that the contracts I had from Angard have no guarantee of a 4 hour minimum for a shift. The start and finish time reflects what is offered for a shift, take it or leave it. I used to turn down 3 hour shifts that were sometimes offered at the MC I worked at. If a shift is booked as 3 hours 55 minutes on JoinedUp that's what will be paid.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

tabact wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 16:04
pleb stated his contract says angard are obliged to give us minimum four hours per shift. I was only pointing out that the contracts I had from Angard have no guarantee of a 4 hour minimum for a shift. The start and finish time reflects what is offered for a shift, take it or leave it. I used to turn down 3 hour shifts that were sometimes offered at the MC I worked at. If a shift is booked as 3 hours 55 minutes on JoinedUp that's what will be paid.
Maybe his cotract says as he stated. Shifts offered are an addition to the employment contract and with start and finish times. If that is the case early finishes can be questioned and payment made for the full allocated shift. Unless there was an agreement to finish early.
pleb

Post by pleb »

Looked at JoinedUp today and the five minutes cash has been restored. Apparently one of us emailed angard and pointed out that the contract says four hours minimum per shift. Think it was a genuine error by the manager who called time at five to the hour, forgetting what time we started.
Called time at five to nine tonight, but I had started at three o'clock, so easy got four hours in.
No idea if contracts at ydc differ from elsewhere.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

Email this afternoon to Angard Casuals in my MC:

‘ Royal Mail has now confirmed the annual pay increases which will also be applicable to Angard Staffing colleagues.
What is the increase?

The increase is 6% and applies to most, but not all aspects of your pay.

<snip>

The new pay rates will come into effect in our payroll system from Monday 31st July, therefore the first pay date affected by them will be Friday 11th August.

Backpay
The 6% increase applies from Monday 3rd April, 2023 and all Angard Staffing colleagues currently employed on Friday 4th August will be entitled to backpay for any hours worked between Monday 3rd April – Sunday 30th July 2023. This payment will be made to you along with your usual payments on Friday 18th August.‘

No mention there if whether Angard Casuals will also receive a pro-rata payment of the £500 being paid to RM staff.

We can live in hope.
Woody Guthrie

Post by Woody Guthrie »

All agency staff were guaranteed 20 hrs a week minimum way back in November I think in an attempt to stop them jumping ship before Christmas.

It's an implied term so it won't appear in their contracts. Not sure if it's for a limited time but given the recruitment crisis I'm not surprised it's still in place.

Most of the agency staff in delivery are being removed where possible which basically means if they're any good they're being offered the new Royal Mail contracts.

Not a great choice but so far no-one in my place has turned it down.
Only dead fish follow the current