ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Manpower reduced Sunday pay rate

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Posty2

Manpower reduced Sunday pay rate

Post by Posty2 »

Manpower reduced Sunday
pay rate from 18,58£ to 14.49£
is it legal to do this?!!

NW11851

Re: Manpower reduced Sunday pay rate

Post by NW11851 »

Please refer to previous but one topic.

And yes, it is legal.

Technically we are employed on a day-by-day basis. We don’t have to accept shifts offered. They don’t have to offer each of us a shift.

I’m unsure of my DO staff but I know that it’s happened to Manpower casuals at my local DO. Quite a few have decided not to attend; most have other jobs anyway and several have weekday shifts in the DO.

It’s causing real problems in the DO.

Both Angard and Manpower are desperately seeking parcels van drivers to cover all seven days of the week in various combinations of days.
redlen

Post by redlen »

NW11851 wrote:
09 May 2023, 08:53
Please refer to previous but one topic.

And yes, it is legal.

Technically we are employed on a day-by-day basis. We don’t have to accept shifts offered. They don’t have to offer each of us a shift.

I’m unsure of my DO staff but I know that it’s happened to Manpower casuals at my local DO. Quite a few have decided not to attend; most have other jobs anyway and several have weekday shifts in the DO.

It’s causing real problems in the DO.

Both Angard and Manpower are desperately seeking parcels van drivers to cover all seven days of the week in various combinations of days.

Believe you to be in error and very much illegal with the Agency Workers Directive.

If the Agency worker has been working for more than three months (12 weeks) without a break of six weeks, they are entitled to the same pay working sunday, or any shift as any regular contracted staff member.

The only exception will be if the agecy worker statrted after October last year, they will be on a lower rate as new contracted staff members are on a lower pay rate.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

Sorry but, at my DO, the OPGs are also on the same £14.49/hour so I believe no law has been broken.

There was an element of jealousy when we were being paid tge higher rate but now we are all equal.

At the MC, with Angard, I have no idea what Casuals are paid on Sundays. I decline to work there on weekends for personal reasons, even on the rare occasions that shifts become available.