ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Angard Pay Rates Falling?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Angard Pay Rates Falling?

Post by paulus103 »

I'd imagine RM and Angard will match rates

e.g new starters at RM are now on 20% so I'd expect Angard rates to match that.

Interesting to see what happens when Agency workers hit 12 weeks.

If Sunday Premium is withdrawn from RM staff I'd expect the agency Sunday rate to drop to the standard rate.
Even if the premium is kept only for existing RM staff I'd expect all new Agency workers or workers who drop out of AWR to revert to the standard rate.

I work for RM but have no insider knowledge but my 2c.

redlen

Post by redlen »

Tend to agree.

My interpretation will be the lower pay rates will only apply with new Angard workers If you started after October 2022 then you will be on the new rate

Any Angard worker who completed 12 weeks qualifying before October 2022, or were in their 12 weeks qualifying period will remain on the higher rate that regular staff receive who commenced their employment before October 2022.

That is my take on it anyway.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

I have worked for Angard continuously since 2015 and was always on the higher AWR rates after competing 12 weeks service.

I have had a few weeks off (7 in all, but I submitted holidays for 4 of those weeks) and on my first shift back I find I that JoinedUp has me on the the lower “dynamic” rates and my break has been deducted. Not happy.

I’ve emailed Payroll and our book room but surely putting holidays in should have protected my AWR?
Last edited by Lockardian on 12 Apr 2023, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
N|M
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by N|M »

Lockardian wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 14:07
I have worked for Angard continuously since 2015 and was always on the higher AWR rates after competing 12 weeks service.

I have had a few weeks off (7 in all, but I submitted holidays for 4 of those weeks) and on my first shift back I find I that JoinedUp has me on the the lower “dynamic” rates and my break has been deducted. Not happy.

I’ve emailed Payroll and our book room but surely putting putting the holidays in should have protected my AWR?
From when i was with Angard it was a case that holidays used to pause the AWR and if you didnt work for 6 weeks (was told it was 8 weeks at one stage) then you lose AWR

So you really should be still AWR but not sure if the amount of weeks none working have changed might wanna check.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

The last rate card I received still says 6 weeks and that holiday would pause the clock. Hoping it’s an error. Previously when people lost AWR status they got it back after working so many weeks. I’m hoping that’s still the case and I haven’t been reverted to a “new starter”.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

I have just learned of the cyber attack which has caused problems for Angard’s payroll system. Could this be linked to incorrect rates appearing on JoinedUp, if the two systems aren’t “talking” to each other?

If that’s the case, I won’t be the only person who has discrepancies in the pay rates for hours worked this week. Has anyone else noticed an issue with this?
tabact

Post by tabact »

I know of two people who were arguing with Angard about being paid at minimum wage although they have used holiday to defer the 6 weeks. Angard claimed the holiday didn't count apparently which didn't go down well, I don't know the outcome. I'm finished with Angard now as I didn't have holiday to block the 6 weeks and it is not worth the bother to work for minimum wage by the time I factor in travel costs and all shifts currently offered are via email, not booked. The minimum wage rate probably isn't down to SD Worx problems it's just Angard being awkward.
pleb

Post by pleb »

tabact wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 15:25
I know of two people who were arguing with Angard about being paid at minimum wage although they have used holiday to defer the 6 weeks. Angard claimed the holiday didn't count apparently which didn't go down well, I don't know the outcome. I'm finished with Angard now as I didn't have holiday to block the 6 weeks and it is not worth the bother to work for minimum wage by the time I factor in travel costs and all shifts currently offered are via email, not booked. The minimum wage rate probably isn't down to SD Worx problems it's just Angard being awkward.
I had this during covid in New year, didn't work for ages so put holidays in. They dropped me down to minimum wage. Took two months of wrangling to get re instated at the high rate they fought all the way. Helped when I got email address for someone higher up at angard, and emailed them.
TobysPaw

Post by TobysPaw »

It's so confusing reading all of this because (as I mentioned on page 1) I never started on minimum wage (i'm on the rates posted by NM on page 1) but I also never had a pay rise after 12 weeks.

I've now not worked for Angard for about 4 weeks - wondering if I should take a shift to avoid being slammed down even further to min wage....
redlen

Post by redlen »

Lockardian wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 14:31
I have just learned of the cyber attack which has caused problems for Angard’s payroll system. Could this be linked to incorrect rates appearing on JoinedUp, if the two systems aren’t “talking” to each other?

If that’s the case, I won’t be the only person who has discrepancies in the pay rates for hours worked this week. Has anyone else noticed an issue with this?
Payroll did an emergency payment on only 68% of wages due. That included any holiday entotlement. The deficit will be made up in addition to next weeks wages.
N|M
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by N|M »

TobysPaw wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 15:12
It's so confusing reading all of this because (as I mentioned on page 1) I never started on minimum wage (i'm on the rates posted by NM on page 1) but I also never had a pay rise after 12 weeks.

I've now not worked for Angard for about 4 weeks - wondering if I should take a shift to avoid being slammed down even further to min wage....
I think the rates i posted on page 1 are the new starting rates and do not go up after 12 weeks worth of shifts - could be wrong but seeing as when i started the rates were min wage then went up to AWR rate after 12 weeks of shifts.

Not sure they can bump you down to a lower pay than what was advertised ??
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

I agree with N|M - I don’t think those rates will fall any further, but I think it’s best to check with Angard. They seem to be the equivalent of the non-AWR rates new starters used to get until they had worked twelve weeks.

As for my rate of pay, I’m very relieved to have had a reply to my email stating this was an error and I have been moved back to AWR rates.

I was due to have received some holiday pay this week which has not been paid, but has been taken from my accrued holiday balance. Hopefully this will be rectified next week. Has anyone else who was due to receive holiday pay this week had a payment?
TobysPaw

Post by TobysPaw »

Thanks, I queried it with Angard and my rate should have gone up to the standard rates on the rate card apparently. They’re making an underpayment adjustment.