ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Angard Pay Rates Falling?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
NW11851

Angard Pay Rates Falling?

Post by NW11851 »

Has anyone heard any whispers about RM about to make swingeing cuts to pay rates and Terms for Angard Casual staff?

A friend of mine, who works in a DO via Manpower, was telephoned yesterday, by their agency, with some startling news and information.

1. Commencing 19 March, The Sunday pay rate will fall from £19.22/hour to £11.91!
2. At the same time the ‘Guaranteed hours to be paid for will reduce from EIGHT to SIX hours.
3. Breaks will no longer be included in the 6-hour period and will be deducted.
4. There is, as yet no change to the day rate of £13.37.
My friend could not believe that the Sunday rate would continue to be lower than for Mon-Sat rate for long.

5. Would my friend be interested in the possibility of being given a RM ‘Sundays Only’ contract by RM – subject to RM’s full employment T&Cs?
6. Would my friend be interested in working for Manpower on, unspecified, weekdays, commencing at 8AM?

If this is what they are planning for Manpower Casuals, are they planning something similar for Angard Casuals as well?

tabact

Re: Angard Pay Rates Falling?

Post by tabact »

I have wondered with new RM recruits being on worse conditions than current RM staff how it would effect agency workers. I'd have thought Angard would have to have two pay structures, one for existing AWR staff and one for new AWR staff to reflect RM staff terms and conditions. If they tried to impose the new pay rates on exisitng AWR staff they would probably leave themselves wide open to tribunal claims. As there is no work currently at my MC it is irrelevant.
TobysPaw

Post by TobysPaw »

I think legally the two scenarios are a bit different; temping for Manpower and happening to do some (or even all) of the temp work at a DO is not the same as being employed by Angard - even though Angard ‘employment’ is a zero hours contract and work isn’t guaranteed.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

tabact wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 11:14
I have wondered with new RM recruits being on worse conditions than current RM staff how it would effect agency workers. I'd have thought Angard would have to have two pay structures, one for existing AWR staff and one for new AWR staff to reflect RM staff terms and conditions. If they tried to impose the new pay rates on exisitng AWR staff they would probably leave themselves wide open to tribunal claims. As there is no work currently at my MC it is irrelevant.
Angard’s T&Cs do state that each shift constitutes a separate employment so they could probably get away with reducing g their pay rates, as long they give ‘reasonable’ notice.

If Angard were to Perdue a policy of the higher rates then other agencies could seek to undercut them.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

TobysPaw wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 12:45
I think legally the two scenarios are a bit different; temping for Manpower and happening to do some (or even all) of the temp work at a DO is not the same as being employed by Angard - even though Angard ‘employment’ is a zero hours contract and work isn’t guaranteed.

This is true.

As for Angard, their AWR staff have to have the same pay and conditions as RM staff, so if RM start taking people on with lower pay rates etc, Angard staff who start after them would only have to have their pay matched to these RM new starters. Existing Angard employees can’t have their pay and conditions changed unless there’s a change in the AWR laws, or unless RM’s own existing staff face pay cuts etc. As far as I understand it, anyway.
xUzi786

Post by xUzi786 »

i noticed on some recent job ads that the new rate is 11.59 per hour down from 13.37.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

I’ve now received an email stating that changes are coming but that, as a long term Angard employee, I won’t be affected very much.

I suspect that Angard are heading towards a two-tier workforce.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

Does the email indicate any more than that?
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

Regrettably not. I’ll post the Angard-wide email of changes when it arrives.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

Manpower gave niw finalised their Sunday pay rate for their Casuals who usually work on delivering T24 parcels.

The message to their staff is as follows:
‘As you will be aware, we have been reviewing and aligning our pay rates as we head into the new financial year. As part of this review, we have taken onboard your feedback with regards to the rate and am pleased to tell you that the new rate will be £14.49 per hour. This will come into effect from Sunday 23rd April.
We very much hope that you will continue to be part of our Sunday team – it’s a key growth service for our business. ’

So the rate is still going down from £18.58/hour but to £14.49 instead of the horrifying cut to £11.59.

Yet it’s claimed that Sunday deliveries are ‘a key growth service ‘.

They’re not going to incentivise casuals by cutting their pay.

Still awaiting the communication from Angard as to the rates tgey intend to pay.
N|M
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by N|M »

Seen this on indeed website for Night shift mail sorters, which showed payrates for all shifts looks like even angard are lowering rates

Link - https://uk.indeed.com/cmp/Angard-Staffi ... refilter=1

Hourly Pay Rates:

Mon-Sat AM shift – 0600-1400 – £11.99
Mon-Sat PM shift – 1400-2200 – £12.99
Mon-Sat NIGHTS – 2200-0600 – £14.49
Sunday AM shift – 0600-1400 – £14.99
Sunday PM shift – 1400-2200 – £15.99
Sunday NIGHTS – 2200-0600 – £16.99
Bank Holiday shift – £17.71
TobysPaw

Post by TobysPaw »

Those are the rates I’ve been on since I started last year.

Only difference is I seem to get paid the Sun rate for Saturday.

The rates also didn’t change after I had done 12 weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

Might be worth querying with Angard about the 12-week pay non-increase.
N|M
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by N|M »

When i was with angard before moving into RM, am sure i was getting close to £14 p/h for a back shift so the rates have fallen

Not seen any angard recently to ask any of the ones that stayed with angard to see if there rates have stayed the same or dropped
redlen

Post by redlen »

Believe Royal Mail have now a lower basic rate for ts new starters but do not quote me on that.

So any individual working for Angard who did not reach 12 weeks continuous employment before that new rate for new starters kicked in, would be on the lower rate

Existing Angard staff who have completed 12 weeks before that new rate kicked in would still be on the same hourly pay as as regular contracted staff