ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Mail Centre Angard Staff

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
NW11851

Mail Centre Angard Staff

Post by NW11851 »

This has been issued by CWU at one MC:

‘Management have produced a duty set which is totally unacceptable. CWU at <snip> has not had the opportunity to negotiate. The intention is to implement the revision by executive action. Although the base hours would be similar to the current structure, the intention is to remove somewhere between 50-70 fulltime duties. AG,s would fill the remaining hours, leaving <snip> mainly a part time workforce. All duties would become mainly 5 days.
The Plant Manager informs …. that it is still not known how many VR, will be allocated to <snip> Mail Centre Processing staff. It has been confirmed that there will be no compulsory redundancies.
There is still no National Agreement on Revisions/Re-alignments, despite the fact that meetings have taken place since 9/1/23.
Given all of the above, CWU at <snip> have issued a Stage 2 Disagreement as it feels that our members, particularly if you are fulltime would be severely disadvantaged’

If all the RM staff are part-time, and Scheduled Attendance is done away with, I feel there is a real possibility that, in their understandable scramble for overtime, that Angard staff will have VERY few shifts going forward.

I hope that I am wrong.

SimonLS

Re: Mail Centre Angard Staff

Post by SimonLS »

Not had a MC shift in over three weeks. Was booked regular 2 to 4 a week for months beforehand. And always emails pinging for shifts for mornings/evenings/nights. Now nowt.
So on current evidence being Angard is totally pointless. Am job hunting for a job where you actually get more than zero hours…