ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

SACKED

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
PHILLybee

SACKED

Post by PHILLybee »

Sorry ,this is a different post just looking for some advice, I was employed by Manpower as a Sunday delivery driver working for royal mail, after five weeks I had a minor accident I caught the rear of the van on a concrete bollard, informed my supervisor who said we will have a look when I finish my round. arrived back at the office supervisor looked at the damage told me he would have to report it and I signed the form. Later that week I had a call from Manpower saying I was no longer needed. I was upset to loose my job, I thought I was doing alright a lot to take in when you only work one day a week and that was only the third time out on my own. Just wondering if anyone could tell me if I have a case to take it further, I would appreciate any advice, thank you

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: SACKED

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

PHILLybee wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 09:54
Sorry ,this is a different post just looking for some advice, I was employed by Manpower as a Sunday delivery driver working for royal mail, after five weeks I had a minor accident I caught the rear of the van on a concrete bollard, informed my supervisor who said we will have a look when I finish my round. arrived back at the office supervisor looked at the damage told me he would have to report it and I signed the form. Later that week I had a call from Manpower saying I was no longer needed. I was upset to loose my job, I thought I was doing alright a lot to take in when you only work one day a week and that was only the third time out on my own. Just wondering if anyone could tell me if I have a case to take it further, I would appreciate any advice, thank you
You would need to check your contract with manpower to see if there are any loopholes but from what you have posted here I would say no.

Nowadays I think you have to be employed a minimum of 2 years before you get a right to appeal an unfair sacking unless the sacking was based on a protected characteristic (Gender, orientation, disabilities etc). It's not fair, in fact, I would say it's wrong, but that's the state of play at the moment.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
dodado

Post by dodado »

freespeech
MDEC

Post by freespeech »

PHILLybee wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 09:54
I suspect that technically you haven't lost your job as that is with Manpower. You may have lost your assignment to RM.