ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pallets

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
gurpbarnes6

Pallets

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

Anyone know why track 48 work is coming on pallets instead of yorks?

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Pallets

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Stuff from Amazon? They do send theirs on pallets sometimes if there's a temporary shortage of yorks in the system
postman1979
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by postman1979 »

We get a cardboard shrouded pallet from Amazon every night, usually with less than ten items in it. Absolute joke.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

postman1979 wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 22:09
We get a cardboard shrouded pallet from Amazon every night, usually with less than ten items in it. Absolute joke.
With the amount of yorks that now get classed as damaged with the correx linings I think we can expect to get pallets through from Amazon more often
PDAHappy

Post by PDAHappy »

Have been getting them irregular intervals over the last three years.Normally at times of bulk Amazon drops ie Xmas or post Prime Week.
gurpbarnes6

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

Amazon is separate which is normal. I am alluding to other parcels i.e. temu, from china etc referred to 'cut and tip'.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

gurpbarnes6 wrote:
24 Apr 2024, 22:51
Amazon is separate which is normal. I am alluding to other parcels i.e. temu, from china etc referred to 'cut and tip'.
Is it ones that have immediately entered RM's network after clearing customs, or where it's gone to a big warehouse as part of a big order, where they break it up into individual orders and then send them individual orders into RM's network?
gurpbarnes6

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

It's one where it's in a pallet and has individual boxes with packets inside around 10 boxes and 15 packets inside each one.