not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

A-poo-logy from Hermes for driver's extra parcel

21 Dec 2018, 13:07

https://www.metro.news/a-poo-logy-from- ... l/1360703/

ONLINE shoppers expecting parcels have become used to finding ‘sorry we missed you’ notes saying ‘left it at No.2’ or ‘it’s in the shed’.

But one customer was stunned to discover a Hermes courier had done a No.2 in their shed — before bagging it up and leaving it in their bin.

The company has dispensed with the worker’s services after he was caught on CCTV making the ‘special delivery’ while dropping off a parcel.

The unfortunate episode was revealed on Facebook group Diary of a Hermes Courier, used by the company’s self-employed delivery drivers to share the ‘daily trials and challenges’ that they have encountered.

A worker called Sophie, who lives in Somerset, wrote: ‘One of the couriers in our area (kinda) did a poo in a customer’s shed.

‘Apparently after finishing they bagged up their, erm, poo and put it in the customer’s bin.’

The incident, which took place on December 7 in Dorset, was confirmed by Hermes.

‘We have apologised to the customer and provided compensation,’ the firm said. ‘The individual involved has also apologised directly and will not be delivering for Hermes again with immediate effect.’

The company said it delivers 330million parcels across the UK each year and the vast majority are dropped off without any problems. The driver’s actions emerged after research by Which? showed more than half of online shoppers had difficulties with deliveries last Christmas.

Seven per cent of people questioned complained of parcels being left in bins, while four per cent were unhappy at items being tossed over walls or fences. Two per cent said deliveries mysteriously vanished after being left with a neighbour.

One shopper reported that their item was taken away by waste collectors after being left in the recycling bin.

A-poo-logy from Hermes for driver’s extra parcel

21 Dec 2018, 15:15

What would be adequate recompense for someone curling one off in a baggie in your shed?
A five second oral lecture in how to get over yourself and an hour on how the poor f***ers who deliver your pointless plastic tat are treated so much like...well....shlt....that they're reduced to defecating in garden buildings so as to minimise time away from deliveries.

Merry f***ing Xmas

22 Dec 2018, 07:35

It won't even funny.... This is the future, WTF am I saying, it's already happening at RM when their is no where built into duties for normal human functions. We have loads of posties, piss...g into bottles in the vans, behind walls ect. That's why it's SO IMPORTANT to take your full M/R when it's due. None of this 20 mins at the start and 20 at the end crap, no pun intended. And the time it takes to drive back to the office to start your break built into the duty, not coming off you. I think the UNION should start to really push this issue as it means less time outdoors but again the f.....g RUNNERS............. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

30 Dec 2018, 12:20

:cuppa
Navalron wrote:It won't even funny.... This is the future, WTF am I saying, it's already happening at RM when their is no where built into duties for normal human functions. We have loads of posties, piss...g into bottles in the vans, behind walls ect. That's why it's SO IMPORTANT to take your full M/R when it's due. None of this 20 mins at the start and 20 at the end crap, no pun intended. And the time it takes to drive back to the office to start your break built into the duty, not coming off you. I think the UNION should start to really push this issue as it means less time outdoors but again the f.....g RUNNERS............. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

You're quite right about the increasing pressure mate. Plus the lack of toilet facilities in most towns nowadays. :thumbdown I had a local hotel change ownership, and to cut a long story short the new owner asked me not to treat their hotel like a "Public Convience" (I used to use their loo when droping off the mail) :shock: I don't argue with customers so simply said, "Not a Problem I wont use it anymore... Merry Christmas". They used to get their mail in the second loop early in the morning.... now I keep it until last and deliver it just before I return to the DO.

30 Dec 2018, 19:29

Navalron wrote:It won't even funny.... This is the future, WTF am I saying, it's already happening at RM when their is no where built into duties for normal human functions. We have loads of posties, piss...g into bottles in the vans, behind walls ect. That's why it's SO IMPORTANT to take your full M/R when it's due. None of this 20 mins at the start and 20 at the end crap, no pun intended. And the time it takes to drive back to the office to start your break built into the duty, not coming off you. I think the UNION should start to really push this issue as it means less time outdoors but again the f.....g RUNNERS............. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

I recently got caught short and had to fill a 'bottle of shame' in the back of the van for the first time. It was horrible; on my knees in a hastily scrabbled space amongst the overweights, listening to people chatting and walking by on the pavement outside as I prayed I wouldn't inadvertently overflow or splash my cardboard and paper den-come-makeshift bathroom :oops:

And then getting out, stepping onto the pavement and feeling certain that all the passers-by must surely know you've just been doing something not entirely wholesome.

Degrading, really.

What I would have given for a nice warm shed.

31 Dec 2018, 12:17

crimson king wrote:

I recently got caught short and had to fill a 'bottle of shame' in the back of the van for the first time. It was horrible; on my knees in a hastily scrabbled space amongst the overweights, listening to people chatting and walking by on the pavement outside as I prayed I wouldn't inadvertently overflow or splash my cardboard and paper den-come-makeshift bathroom :oops:

And then getting out, stepping onto the pavement and feeling certain that all the passers-by must surely know you've just been doing something not entirely wholesome.

Degrading, really.

What I w
ould have given for a nice warm shed.

IT JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. I'VE LEFT THE JOB BUT IT'S SO FRUSTRATING WATCHING PEOPLE GET SHAT ON DAY IN DAY OUT. I TRY AND PRAISE THE UNION WHEN I CAN BUT THAT'S BECOMING HARDER AND HARDER. ALSO HEARD OF MANAGEMENT TELLING STAFF TO USE PUB/BOOKIES TOILETS. THAT'S A NO NO. NEXT THING YOUR UP ON A DRINKING ON DUTY CHARGE, NOT TO MENTION YOU AINT MENT TO WEAR UNIFORM IN A PUBLIC HOUSE INCASE YOU BRING RM INTO DISREPUTE.

A-poo-logy from Hermes for driver's extra parcel

17 Jan 2019, 06:56

Simply have one of these in all delivery vans :Very Happy

https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/toil ... gJ4JvD_BwE

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1