ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

POSTNL DEPLOYING ELECTRIC CARRIER BIKES IN UTRECHT

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

POSTNL DEPLOYING ELECTRIC CARRIER BIKES IN UTRECHT

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://postandparcel.info/97209/news/i ... n-utrecht/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PostNL has reported that it is stepping up its use of environmentally-friendly delivery vehicles, with electric carrier bikes in Utrecht.

In a statement issued yesterday (3 July), PostNL said it is using the electric carrier bikes to deliver business mail to companies and empty more than 150 letterboxes in the city, as well delivering parcels.

According to PostNL: “The electric carrier bike is emission-free and often faster than cars in busy city centres. By deploying electric carrier bikes, PostNL is replacing 20 car rides every day. This means 560 emission-free delivery kilometres a day, and a CO² emission reduction of approximately 35,000 kg per year. A special transfer location has been created in the Utrecht city centre, from which deliveries are made.”

As previously reported, PostNL has also been using the electric carrier bikes in the city centres of Leeuwarden and Amsterdam and in yesterday’s statement said it is “planning to deploy electric carrier bikes in about ten cities in 2018”.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."