ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Yodel delivery driver caught speeding at more than twice the 30mph limit escapes driving ban

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Yodel delivery driver caught speeding at more than twice the 30mph limit escapes driving ban

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/some ... ing-766540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David Brown was on his way to meet girlfriend when he was clocked in 30mph zone

A Milborne Port motorist clocked driving more than twice the speed limit escaped a driving ban when he appeared in court.

Delivery driver David Brown was on his way to meet his girlfriend for an evening out when he lost concentration and was caught speeding at 65mph in a 30mph limit on Lysander Road in Yeovil.

Brown, 26, of Combe Hill, appeared in the dock before Somerset Magistrates, sitting at Yeovil and pleaded guilty to exceeding the 30mph limit on March 17.

The court was told that the defendant was driving along the A3088 at 2.50pm when he was caught travelling at more than twice the limit by police.

Defending solicitor Neil Priest said that Brown, who worked as a delivery driver for Yodel, was very remorseful about the offence.

“He was shocked when the speed was confirmed to him and he wishes to genuinely apologise to the court and assure them that it was a one-off incident,” he said.

“The defendant was going to meet his girlfriend and was intending to go to Southampton for a social occasion and can only think that his mind was preoccupied.”

He said that Brown had been working as a driver for the last 14 months and also lived in a rural area where there were problems with the public transport.

“If he loses his licence he will lose his job and income and his job is busier than ever in the run-up towards Christmas and he does not want to let his employer down,” he added.

The magistrates told the defendant that in view of his clean licence, guilty plea and remorse they were going to allow him to continue driving.

They endorsed his licence with six penalty points and fined him £275 with £85 costs and a £30 victim surcharge.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."