ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

City Link - Depot’s sellers ask for £6.75m

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

City Link - Depot’s sellers ask for £6.75m

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2010 ... for-6-75m/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A landmark depot in the Black Country was today on the market with a £6.75 million pricetag as bosses prepare to close down the operation in months.

Up to 600 workers face an uncertain future with the closure of City Link, in Darlaston, although managers say they will try to find jobs for them elsewhere.

But it is feared that most of the staff will lose their jobs when parent company Rentokil closes the gates in the summer and transfers work to a new national hub in Coventry.

For Sale notices went up last year, but details of the property were only released today. Property agents DTZ, in Birmingham, have been given the job of handling the sale, and says it is the largest site of its kind to come on the market for more than five years.

Darlaston is the biggest victim of a round of cuts that has seen Rentokil axe one in five City Link jobs.

Rentokil aims to cut City Link’s losses, which stood at £4.4m for the first three months of this year.

The company has been working to turn around City Link since the troubled £210 million takeover of Coventry-based Target Express in 2006 which turned into a customer relations disaster, with hundreds of customers abandoning the company amid allegations of poor service.

The Darlaston operation, on Owen Road and Midland Road, includes warehousing, offices, a vehicle maintenance unit, workshop and store on two neighbouring sites.

DTZ said that the freehold is for sale for £6.75 million and a new owner could take over the site this summer.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."