ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivery firm plans to cut 68 jobs in Wrexham

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Delivery firm plans to cut 68 jobs in Wrexham

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/8637273.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The parcel delivery company Home Delivery Network Ltd (HDNL) has confirmed it wants to close its Wrexham depot with the loss of 68 jobs.
The company is the UK's largest home delivery and collection service, delivering 300,000 parcels daily.

It said the Wrexham site needs to close due to the "competitive market place".

The Unite union said it was seeking urgent talks with HDNL to establish the reasons for closure and to "see if we can reverse the decision by managers".

In a statement, HDNL said: "Home Delivery Network confirms it has entered into consultation period with unions regarding the proposed closure of Wrexham depot.

"This decision has been taken in the long term interest of the business and its employees amid a competitive market place.

"We appreciate that this is a difficult time for staff and we are doing everything we can to minimise redundancies and mitigate the impact on those affected."

The company also operates depots in Llandudno, Llanelli and Cardiff.

John Burgham, of Unite, said: "We only know they want to close the site for business reasons.

"We need to know those reasons so that we can see if we can reverse the decision by managers. We are seeking urgent talks with the company."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

maisymoo04

Re: Delivery firm plans to cut 68 jobs in Wrexham

Post by maisymoo04 »

more work for us chaps and ladies :dance
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Delivery firm plans to cut 68 jobs in Wrexham

Post by Lounge Lizard »

"As the UK’s largest dedicated home delivery and collection service HDNL is proud to deliver 300,000 parcels and large consignments in every postcode ... every day" :crazy: - No you don't. :shock: Every Postcode Area probably, most Postcode Districts possibly, but EVERY Postcode certainly not. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: