ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

'TNT poised to sack 11,000,' says AD

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

'TNT poised to sack 11,000,' says AD

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2 ... 0_says.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Postal delivery group TNT is poised to sack 11,000 delivery workers and sorting staff over the next two years, the AD reports on Thursday.

The paper says TNT Post boss Harry Koorstra is set to outline details of the cuts in a personal leaflet to staff later today. Yesterday department managers were told of the job losses.

TNT is facing increasing competition from new players such as Sandd and Selekt Mail, and expects a fall in volume of up to 6% this year.

New entrants to the market largely treat their delivery workers as freelancers, leading to much lower staffing costs.

Talks between unions and TNT management on a pay cut for staff have failed to reach an agreement. The company said in 2007 that thousands of jobs would go if wages were not cut.

The company employs some 60,000 people in the Netherlands, of whom around 25,000 deliver mail.

More to follow
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired