ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon delivery driver 'takes GBP 300 parcel from doorstep' after claiming it was handed to resident

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon delivery driver 'takes GBP 300 parcel from doorstep' after claiming it was handed to resident

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-w ... 0-31818026

Derrick Naisbitt was left with nothing to give his wife on Christmas Day after the parcel, worth almost £300, was taken away despite being labelled as 'delivered'.

An Amazon delivery driver allegedly took a parcel from the doorstep of a home after claiming he had handed it to the resident. Derrick Naisbitt, 52, was left with nothing to give his wife on Christmas Day after the parcel, worth almost £300, was taken away despite being labelled as 'delivered'.

The fuming 52-year-old says that he left a note on the door asking for any parcels to be left with a neighbour when he left the house on Christmas Eve. When the pair returned, Derrick was expecting to see a parcel either with the neighbours or in the property's rear garden - but it was nowhere to be seen.

As reported by Derbyshire Live, Derrick has CCTV installed at his home on Oakland Avenue in Derby. He quickly checked the footage to see what happened - and was left shocked after it appeared to show a delivery driver with a high-vis jacket scanning the parcel, setting it down and taking a picture, before leaving again with the parcel.

Heartbroken partner of missing Scots woman pays tribute to 'soulmate' after body found in searchdailyrecord
Derrick says he figured the driver would leave it outside or with a neighbour - but instead, the parcel has not been seen since. He has since received a replacement parcel but says he no longer trusts couriers.

The builders' merchant said: "I appreciate that they have rectified the issue to an extent by sending another parcel, but that's not the point. I understand that sometimes parcel do not get delivered but I expect a courier to be truthful and not say my parcel has been delivered when it hasn't.

"My wife didn't have her present to open on Christmas Day and we were left chasing Amazon for a new parcel over the Christmas period. I just want to warn people and I want the company to take accountability for their actions."

A spokesperson for Amazon said: "We have very high standards for the delivery service providers we work with and how they serve customers. We are investigating the incident."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."