ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Evri employee slams 'downright disgusting' staff conditions at Nursling depot

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Evri employee slams 'downright disgusting' staff conditions at Nursling depot

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/evri-employee ... bxD8BVHQOQ

An Evri employee has slammed the delivery company for the “poor, unacceptable and downright disgusting” conditions of their staff toilets.

These revealing images were captured by a parcel sorting employee at Evri's 25,000 square foot depot in Nursling.

The employee, who asked to remain anonymous, says the toilets are regularly left in an appalling state.

An Evri spokesperson said they have now been cleaned.

The employee said: “You wouldn’t treat a dog like this. Not ever a feral or stray animal would be left in conditions such as that – it is absolutely appalling.

“Despite the impact on health and cleanliness, the toilets are only cleaned about once or twice a week.

“This has obviously been less over the Christmas period but to tell your staff to use a toilet like this is unacceptable.

“There is never any soap and as you can imagine – it stinks.”

Evri claims to be the biggest dedicated parcel delivery company in the UK. It employs around 18,000 staff.

The employee said he did not feel that health and safety was a particularly high priority for the company, with rubble and parts of the roof also falling down in the corridor.

He said: “The place is an accident waiting to happen – my shifts are not too long but I feel dreadful for the lads that are working the night shift.

“If I was in their position, I’m not sure what I would do.

“We the company being so big, I don’t know how they are getting away with this.”

The company, formerly known as Hermes, works closely with big brands such as ASOS, Next and John Lewis.

Evri processes up to 3.7 million parcels a day and in 2022, the delivery company successfully sent more than 700 million parcels.

In response to the pictures and state of the toilets, an Evri spokesperson said: “The condition of these toilets at this site are simply unacceptable and have already been cleaned.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

guardianangel

Re: Evri employee slams 'downright disgusting' staff conditions at Nursling depot

Post by guardianangel »

Sounds like royal mail 20 year old toilets and food facilities ,falling apart black with mould and stains even the cleaners cant get it off,they nicked all the money while not investing in buildings and equipment expecting us to work in a shithole with not fit for purpose equipment ,a disgrace in 2024 its like we are back in the 50's. Time to take photos and show the world the conditions we work in.
ConeHater
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Evri employee slams 'downright disgusting' staff conditions at Nursling depot

Post by ConeHater »

Unfortunately it’s the people that use them that create the filth, and one feels sorry for those that are expected to clean up. Can’t imagine that those who abuse the facilities do the same at home. The MSH hasn’t been open 6 months and already the toilet facilities have been wrecked !
sweepster70

Post by sweepster70 »

The second picture. Bottle of water and s**t all over the seat?