ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

'Hero' DPD driver 'saves Christmas' with heartfelt gesture at woman's door

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

'Hero' DPD driver 'saves Christmas' with heartfelt gesture at woman's door

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/h ... s-31735450

A simple but heartwarming gesture has made one mother's Christmas even more magical and has been praised by thousands. Now, the DPD driver has reportedly been given an award for his kindness

Delivery drivers are kind of like Santa if you think about it.

You wake up one morning, after doing all your shopping in a few clicks, and receive that glorious notification that your parcel is arriving in a few hours. No, they don't come down the chimney, or wrap the presents, but they save you having to brace the cold and walk endlessly around the busy high-streets in search of the right gift.

It makes you feel like you've really got this whole adulting thing nailed down. Just make sure you don't leave it too late and miss the cut-off for pre-Christmas delivery!

"DPD courier at my door, speaking under his breath like a spy: 'The parcel's in the van. It says 'drum-kit' on the box. I wanted to warn you and not ruin Christmas'," the journalist wrote.

"Then he carried it round to my garage to hide it. Hero. HERO." Hannah has since updated her followers on the situation, stating the DPD courier has now been given an award for his kindness.

[Tweet]https://twitter.com/FelicityHannah/stat ... 6911682703?[/Tweet]

Hundreds of people replied to the post, hailing the employee. "What a chap!" one user commented - while another added: "What an abolsute Christmas hero!" A third wrote: "Don't little acts of kindness like that just make everything better?"

One user named Ruth said she recalls a Yodel delivery person who used to keep black bin bags in his van for 'this exact same reason'. She added: "He delivered a stunt scooter to us one year and popped it in a bag because it was not in plain packaging. It saved all questions from the eight year old."

The Mirror has contacted DPD for comment.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."