ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Neighbours surprise 'fantastic' Evri delivery driver with GBP 1,500 Christmas bonus

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Neighbours surprise 'fantastic' Evri delivery driver with GBP 1,500 Christmas bonus

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/n ... y-31728835

The Whinmoor community presented Abdoul Ramadhan with the gift at the local school (Image: ITV)

Neighbours in Whinmoor, Leeds, clubbed together to show their appreciation for Abdoul Ramadhan who has been delivering their parcels for more than seven years

A community have had a whip round and raised almost £1,500 to show their appreciation for their local parcel delivery man at Christmas.

Neighbours in Whinmoor, Leeds, clubbed together to show their appreciation for delivery driver Abdoul Ramadhan. He has been delivering parcels to residents in the neighbourhood for more than seven years and is well-loved by locals. Abdoul is known for his willingness to go “above and beyond” to help customers with their parcels.

The original aim among people in the area had been to rummage round and raise a Christmas bonus of £200 for Abdoul. But they smashed their target, raising over seven times that amount. The generous bonus was presented at a special event at the local primary school, with dozens of residents turning up to thank Abdoul. The cash was handed over along with a card.

Abdoul, who works for delivery firm Evri, told ITV News: "I didn't expect this. When you are just doing what you are doing you don't really expect anything back. But this is amazing. I'm still sticking with this round. I've heard some chance of moving to some other areas but I preferred being in Whinmoor with my community. It's been years to be fair."

Whinmoor resident Jo Knapp who set up the fundraiser via a Facebook group thanked the “fantastic” deliveryman. Speaking at the presentation, she said: "Abdoul is fantastic. He's a big part of our community is Abdoul and as you can see today by all the people that have turned out it's very much appreciated in the community."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

ConeHater
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Neighbours surprise 'fantastic' Evri delivery driver with GBP 1,500 Christmas bonus

Post by ConeHater »

The parcels my Evri courier ‘delivers’ barely make it onto my property !