ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

'I work for Evri - here's what it's really like and what we actually get paid'

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

'I work for Evri - here's what it's really like and what we actually get paid'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i ... t-31672864

An Evri delivery driver has lifted the lid on what it's really like to work for the 'UK's worst delivery company' and how much she rakes in working part time while studying

In the run-up to Christmas, many people will all be relying on delivery drivers to safely deliver parcels in time for Christmas - so what's it really like being a driver for one of the biggest delivery companies?

One Evri, formerly known as Hermes, driver has lifted the lid on what it's really like being a delivery driver for the company, which has recently been voted the "worst delivery service in the UK" in a report commissioned by Citizens Advice, as she picked up the casual job while studying at university.

Twenty-three-year-old Yasmin shared what an average day-in-the-life is like delivering packages as she raked in some extra cash on the side. The third-year pharmacy student said she had applied for the job on the job site Indeed. She then showed how her day started off by collecting the packages from the warehouse as she loaded them into her car.

On this day, she had a "nice variety" of 64 parcels to deliver on a rainy day which she said would be "interesting". In terms of payment, Yasmin claimed in the video that drivers get £1 per parcel, but added that they can earn more for harder-to-deliver packages on trickier streets. She then assured followers that the parcels "are safe with me" as she started her shift.

She then added: "Making sure to deliver all the clothes as fast as possible just in case my customers need it for tonight." Yasmin also gave an insight into what people order and claimed that Temu packages are what she tends to deliver the most and said: "All the Temu packages I see make me want to place an order too!" And added: "By far the most parcels I see are from Temu!"

Yasmin then finished up her shift in just four hours, ready to go again tomorrow for another day of delivering parcels. She later detailed some of the other aspects of the job as one follower asked her about car insurance. She explained: "EVRI provide your business car insurance, it's a £1.25 fee per shift. All you have to do is make sure your normal car insurance allows add-on cover."

She also stated that each driver "gets different streets to cover on different routes" during her shift, and then in terms of the route she said: "The system does it for you and you can choose to deliver parcels in postcode order or the optimisation order," and when loading her car she will put them in the car in order of delivery. She claimed this way is "a little longer but faster when you're out on the job". Yasmin also added that if you drive a smaller car, you shouldn't expect to "be making as much as the big vans do".

TikTok users loved her video, as one commented: "I need you round my area! My parcels either don't turn up on the specified day or come at like 9pm," while another chimed: "I would trust you with my parcels."

Speaking about the recent Citizens Advice report, Chris Ashworth, chief customer officer at Evri, said: "We are disappointed with where Citizens Advice has placed us in its parcels league table – after a year of significant investment and listening to our customers to improve our service. Our ambition is that every customer's experience with Evri is a positive one, and we work hard to understand each instance when this is not the case.

"Our rising parcel volumes are proof that customers and retail clients are voting with their feet and trust us with their deliveries. “We have invested more than £130million to improve our UK operations in the last two years with 99% of the 730 million parcels we handle annually delivered on time."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."