ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Evri - Derby charity missing gifts as Sports Direct claims order was delivered

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Evri - Derby charity missing gifts as Sports Direct claims order was delivered

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2023-1 ... -delivered

Disadvantaged children from Derby could miss out on a Christmas present after a charity has found itself caught up in a dispute between a delivery company Evri and clothing retailer, Sports Direct.

Revive is a charity which operates a secret santa style gift donation which matches benefactors with a child's wish list.

The East Midlands-based charity recently received donations from local businesses and the public allowing them to order more than £1200 pounds worth of goods from the retail giant Sports Direct. But despite promises they'd be delivered by November 27th, the charity says they've not arrived.

Evri instructed Revive to contact Sports Direct to resolve the issue.

Charity manager Jo Andrew says the missing gifts has caused much anguish amongst staff.
Credit: ITV News Central

She says: We've got children who are dependent on secret Santa and who are dependent on Sports Direct fulfilling that order.

"And it means that the moment we've got around 26 children who will not be receiving a gift that they wanted for Christmas. We feel like we're letting those children down."

Parent Jordan Thompson is unable to work due to his epilepsy and unable to afford Christmas presents he's relied on Revive providing gifts for his 7 years old daughter Nikita who's also his carer. Jordan says it's meant she's not felt left out among her friends.

He says: The fact that she's got similar or the same makes me feel better because she's not then going to school,and coming home saying 'Daddy my friend got this. Why didn't I?' And I've had that before and it wasn't nice.

The secret santa bags have also helped out Dave Pimblott after he lost his daughter to cancer 5 years ago but the charity stepped in to ensure his grandchildren had presents to open on Christmas Day.

He says: It managed to keep that moment alive, even though they'd gone through all sorts of issues over the last few years. It still enabled them to be children on Christmas Morning.

In a statement an Evri spokesperson told us "We are incredibly sorry that part of the order handled by Evri was not delivered.

"We have been in contact with Revive Charity and arranged a replacement for the missing parcel. We have also offered a donation to the charity as a goodwill gesture.”

Meanwhile a spokesperson from Frasers Group speaking on behalf of Sports Direct said:
"We have been in touch with Revive Charity to apologise for their experience, and have expedited the creation and delivery of a replacement order. We have also provided a refund on the delivery charge, and offered a goodwill voucher".
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."