ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Evri van stolen while driver delivers parcel

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Evri van stolen while driver delivers parcel

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/busy-week-pol ... VL-lPsTvQo

Officers in Rossendale have had a busy week dealing with a stolen Evri delivery van as well as dangerous driving and drugs arrests.

On Thursday (November 23), an Evri parcel van was stolen from Bacup while the driver left the vehicle to deliver a parcel.

The suspects abandoned the vehicle and made off in a Ford Fiesta. Officers from the Rossendale Rural Task Force helped police hunt down the vehicle which they found in Rochdale and seized.

Police said they identified the suspect who will be dealt with in due course.

The Rossendale officers then attended Manchester Airport to arrest a man on suspicion of a keyless theft of a Landrover Defender that was stolen from Stacksteads in September.

On Friday (November 24), a driver of a Ford S-Max on their way to the vape shop was stopped by officers for showing no insurance.

Later that day, a Fiat Punto driver was arrested for drug driving when officers smelt the strong smell of cannabis on him.

Yesterday was just as busy with more arrests made following reports of off road bikes being ridden around areas of rural moorland. Police said: “Vehicles were identified as being responsible for off-loading these bikes and they have been issued with warnings.”

Lastly, two men were arrested for attempting to flee from police when caught without insurance.

A spokesperson for police said: “You might have seen this Vauxhall Insignia around Rossendale. We initially planned to speak to the driver about his lack of insurance but he decided he would chance it and floored it resulting in a pursuit. Something more to hide?

“Both males were arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and concerned in the supply of drugs.

“Cash and drugs found, vehicle seized.

“One of the men decided to resist arrest in a desperate attempt to get away with a member of the public even joining in with assisting the officers effecting the arrest.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."