ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon workers begin Black Friday strikes across the UK

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon workers begin Black Friday strikes across the UK

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/20 ... ck-friday/

Amazon workers have started a series of Black Friday strikes and demonstrations across the UK, Europe and USA, during its biggest ever day of action.

Over 1,000 UK workers at the retail giant’s Coventry warehouse will down tools in the 28th day of action over a pay dispute.

The Coventry fulfilment centre is one of the busiest in the ecommerce giant’s UK operations.

In London, a mass protest will occur outside the online behe

GMB Union organiser Amanda Gearing said that “Today will go down in history as a turning point” in the retailer’s history.

“Working people that make Amazon’s business model possible stand up to demand their share of the company’s enormous wealth”.

She continued: “Despite that, Amazon bosses are desperate to claim it will be business as usual for Amazon and their customers this Black Friday.

“The truth is that today will see the largest day of industrial disruption in Amazon’s thirty-year history”.

The retailer’s staff initially unveiled plans for protests and strikes on Black Friday across over 30 countries last month.

Plans for the day of action were revealed during the first “Make Amazon Pay” summit of political leaders and trade unionists in Manchester, where staff were urged to “join the global fight for their rights”.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

guardianangel

Re: Amazon workers begin Black Friday strikes across the UK

Post by guardianangel »

Ive stopped buying off Amazon ,its full of tat ,personally i think its had its day and Royal mail should stop delivering their crap.
ted_e_bear

Re: Amazon workers begin Black Friday strikes across the UK

Post by ted_e_bear »

guardianangel wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 15:11
Ive stopped buying off Amazon ,its full of tat ,personally i think its had its day and Royal mail should stop delivering their crap.
I'd bet they get an attractive rate from royal mail, we get swamped with their s**t when they can't cope and probably end up delivering it more or less for free as it'll cause overtime.