ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Uckfield Evri delivery driver helped two elderly customers

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Uckfield Evri delivery driver helped two elderly customers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/2392304 ... customers/

A delivery driver rushed to the aid of two elderly customers in distress as she made her rounds.

Cassandra Nicholls, from Uckfield, found one of her customers with dementia wandering the streets while she was making deliveries and immediately stopped to help him get safely home to his wife.

This act of kindness was not a one-off for the Evri courier though who also recently helped another one of her customers who had a fall at home and ended up with a head injury.

Cassandra stayed with both of them until she knew they were safe before carrying on with her deliveries.

“If you’ll excuse the pun, I see it as part and parcel of the job,” she said.

“I don’t think I’ve done anything special. I couldn’t have carried on with my round knowing these people and their loved ones were in distress.

“My dad always told me that that whatever you, do your best and be kind.

“You feel like you’re part of the community, and I’d help these customers just like I’d help my family, I don’t give it second thought,” she said.

“We all help each other to be honest, lockdown was a very difficult time for me as it was for most people, my customers would leave me hampers, drinks and other token gestures that really helped get through.”

The good Samaritan has delivered for Evri for almost 16 years and said she loves her job.

“The best thing about it is the people, they really make it worthwhile,” she said.

“You get to know people and become an important part of their community. Sometimes I might be the only person that customers see all day and just spending a few extra moments on the doorstep talking them can make all the difference.

“Over the years, I’ve seen customers have children and then seen the same children fly the nest. It’s almost like you’re part of the family.”

Evri has recruited 6,500 additional couriers in preparation for Christmas but there’s still time to join the team at www.beacourier.co.uk
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."