ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Evri issues announcement to customers having parcels delivered ahead of peak Christmas period

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Evri issues announcement to customers having parcels delivered ahead of peak Christmas period

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... g-28079133

Delivery giant Evri has said it is investing £46 million to boost its customer service and operations ahead of the busy Christmas period

Delivery giant Evri is investing £46 million to improve its customer service and operations for the busy Christmas period. This includes a new automatic call-back service to help customers with any order issues.

The company, previously known as Hermes, expects this facility to connect 40 per cent more people with advisers at its UK contact centre during peak parcel times.

Evri is recruiting over 6,500 colleagues to handle orders and customer queries from Black Friday through Christmas. This recruitment drive is double that of last year, including couriers, customer care workers, and delivery depot staff.

Chris Ashworth, chief customer officer at Evri, said: "Over the last five years we have tripled the size of our business to become the UK's leading dedicated parcel delivery company, handling a staggering 730 million parcels each year."

He added: "As more of us send and receive parcels every day, it has become more important than ever for Evri to invest in its customer service capabilities to answer customers' questions as quickly and efficiently as possible."

"We have made significant progress as a business this year, with a renewed focus on service delivery standards."

"As we head into our peak period, we know that every parcel matters and we will be doing everything we can to deliver for customers at this important time."

This news follows the recent announcement by the Post Office that it will now offer customers the option of sending packages using Evri and DPD from its branches. This is a historic move, marking the first time in its 360-year history that customers can use alternative parcel carriers.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."